Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-06-2021, 08:15 AM)divmenow Wrote: I will be reshuffling my portfolio today. The for cannabis and the solar stocks. Just hope they don’t run too far lol. Thanks Georgia lol

LOL I hear you. I may be reshuffling as well.  I have to do some research fast  Big Grin

IIPR will be one I will buying today!
Bought IIPR, MO, CRON, SRE, CVX, BEPC and WFC
Community banks and inflation-sensitive commodities stocks (Oil, Agriculture) on a tear today. Looks like the market's crystal ball predicts that the money spigot stays open.
Just a heads up for the IIPR people. IIPR is pretty much the only company right now doing what they do. Ok maybe not the only one, but certainly the big boy in the business. If banking does open up to cannabis companies, there will be a lot of competition and we can say bye bye to 10%+ CAP rates. IIRP can raise more capital by issuing equity, and has done so very successfully several times in the past years... they simply do not need banks to lend them money.

Something to consider if you are thinking of buying IIPR due to this political stuff.

Still long IIPR here though, but I'm not adding.
(01-06-2021, 10:36 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Just a heads up for the IIPR people. IIPR is pretty much the only company right now doing what they do. Ok maybe not the only one, but certainly the big boy in the business. If banking does open up to cannabis companies, there will be a lot of competition and we can say bye bye to 10%+ CAP rates. IIRP can raise more capital by issuing equity, and has done so very successfully several times in the past years... they simply do not need banks to lend them money.

Something to consider if you are thinking of buying IIPR due to this political stuff.

Still long IIPR here though, but I'm not adding.

I still have my original purchases of IIPR between $32-34. I only added 10 shares just to make it and even 100 lol. But yes I have done my homework on this company since day 1. The stock will stall from time to time but I never count them out. No one can touch what they do right now. One day maybe but not anytime soon. Sometimes competition is good  Big Grin

Cannabis will have a great 2021 and beyond. Its like buying the tech before they all took off lol. I have a basket of 10 and few trade on the OTC that I'm high on.
Trimmed TGT and added to ABBV as well
(01-06-2021, 10:53 AM)divmenow Wrote: Trimmed TGT and added to ABBV as well

Curious on your TGT trim considering the $600 stimulus that just went out and the likely additional $1400 that will pass now with Democrats taking the Senate.

TGT should be a big beneficiary, no?
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(01-06-2021, 11:25 AM)EricL Wrote:

Curious on your TGT trim considering the $600 stimulus that just went out and the likely additional $1400 that will pass now with Democrats taking the Senate.

Eric the stimulus is a bit over blown to how it will be spent. A lot of people are still out of jobs and need to pay rent, and need for their kids. People were already spending money at target during and will after the pandemic is over. So there pay checks are already being spent there.  I think the stimulus checks will be spend on rent, home repairs,  bills, new computers, car repairs and things like that. They real beneficiaries will be HD and LOW. Both I wouldn't mind adding too. Of course food at TGT as well. But it will be a wide spread everywhere threw many industries.

However my thinking is , looking further into 2021, the pandemic may start to abate thanks to the availability of highly effective COVID-19 vaccines. That could prompt an abrupt shift in spending away from "things" and back to experiences. As people return to restaurants and cease worrying about shortages, they may purchase fewer groceries and stop stockpiling household essentials. With the exception of apparel, the end of the pandemic could prove a drag on sales of every major merchandise category at Target.

TGT has run from $170 to $186 in a week lol, so that stimulus was already priced in. I still own lots, just decided to trim at $186 on a big up day! It's PE has doubled from 12 to 25 in a year. I bought most have my shares at an average of $62.

Anyway that's my thoughts on TGT  Big Grin
(01-06-2021, 11:45 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:25 AM)EricL Wrote:

Eric the stimulus is a bit over blown to how it will be spent. A lot of people are still out of jobs and need to pay rent, and need for their kids. People were already spending money at target during and will after the pandemic is over. So there pay checks are already being spent there.  I think the stimulus checks will be spend on rent, home repairs,  bills, new computers, car repairs and things like that. They real beneficiaries will be HD and LOW. Both I wouldn't mind adding too. Of course food at TGT as well. But it will be a wide spread everywhere threw many industries.

However my thinking is , looking further into 2021, the pandemic may start to abate thanks to the availability of highly effective COVID-19 vaccines. That could prompt an abrupt shift in spending away from "things" and back to experiences. As people return to restaurants and cease worrying about shortages, they may purchase fewer groceries and stop stockpiling household essentials. With the exception of apparel, the end of the pandemic could prove a drag on sales of every major merchandise category at Target.

TGT has run from $170 to $186 in a week lol, so that stimulus was already priced in. I still own lots, just decided to trim at $186 on a big up day! It's PE has doubled from 12 to 25 in a year. I bought most have my shares at an average of $62.

Anyway that's my thoughts on TGT  Big Grin

Ah now I understand on TGT   Big Grin  But that does make a lot of sense. But as we know Wall St never makes sense lol. It's had a big run from $60 when everyone hated it. Now everyone loves and that sometimes can be a reason to sell  Confused

I think WMT will be a good one as well, and should be at the $180 level as well. They are really competing well with AMZN online and it has come down off the highs. 

Eric where did you buy ETSY? I'm thinking of adding some here at $169. 20 dollars off the highs is a dip lol

How about CRSP, EDIT, BEAM, PACB, and NTLA.. Great stocks and glad I listed to divemenow and others on those names. Wow!!

What's the next group to fly?
Bought some Pepsi. This is definitely not a rocket but I think I'll be happy with this one in a few years/decades.
(01-06-2021, 10:25 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought IIPR, MO, CRON, SRE, CVX, BEPC and WFC
What's your theory on MO? I have had CRON for a year now. Was dead money till recently, lol.

Just for info: Micheal Burry been buying MO as well.
(01-06-2021, 12:06 PM)kblake Wrote: What's the next group to fly?

Seems the pot, solar, and EV sectors are all hot.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha