Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(10-26-2014, 01:14 PM)rapidacid Wrote: Tomorrow I plan to reduce my V holdings by ~80% and use the funds to add to my ARLP and COP. HP will have to wait another day.

I executed this, increasing my yearly dividends by ~$500
Very nice Rapid.

I"m looking to pick up T, AAPL and UNLVR (Better than P&G as it's on LSE so pays dividend in Pounds and currently slightly undervalued)

AAPL = Long term dividend growth play
UNLVR = Dividend champion here in the UK (I believe not in the US due to currency fluctuation?)
T = A high yiled stock that I seek to hold and use to fuel future purchases.

What do you think Smile?

(10-27-2014, 09:07 AM)rapidacid Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 01:14 PM)rapidacid Wrote: Tomorrow I plan to reduce my V holdings by ~80% and use the funds to add to my ARLP and COP. HP will have to wait another day.

I executed this, increasing my yearly dividends by ~$500
In a vacuum T + UNLVR are both solid picks.

I like, and own, AAPL, but I like MSFT more
What do you mean by vacuum?

Why do you prefer MSFT? AAPL div increases have been heavy and I'm looking to hold for decades Tongue

(10-27-2014, 05:00 PM)rapidacid Wrote: In a vacuum T + UNLVR are both solid picks.

I like, and own, AAPL, but I like MSFT more
(10-27-2014, 05:40 PM)Lewys120 Wrote: What do you mean by vacuum?

It means on its own merits, with no outside forces ( ie. your current diversification ) weighing on the decision

(10-27-2014, 05:40 PM)Lewys120 Wrote: Why do you prefer MSFT? AAPL div increases have been heavy and I'm looking to hold for decades Tongue

From just a current valuation perspective:

AAPL current yield is only 1.8% and they've only been paying for 3 years.
MSFT yields 2.7% and has a 5 year dividend CAGR of 18.9%

AAPL has increased their share count 3% in the last decade
MSFT has reduced their share count by nearly 25% in the last decade

They're both super solid companies, I would just put more money to work behind MSFT at this time
Added to SNY and NVO on the dips this morning. Apparently there's pricing pressure in the insulin space, which is resulting in pricing pressure on the stocks.

Also started a small position in Safran (SAFRY), a French maker of jet engines and other aerospace and defense products. They have a longstanding partnership with GE, so they're like a concentrated play on GE Aviation. I've been looking at them for a while and finally pulled the trigger.

http://www.safran-group.com/IMG/pdf/Inve...e_2014.pdf
I added to my HP holding today @ 86.48
(10-15-2014, 09:20 PM)earthtodan Wrote:
(10-15-2014, 12:18 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: For you youngsters, I'd seriously be looking at PH, LECO or VMI here. All are low yield but steady, long term growers so there's time to compound your way to wealth. PH especially.

I looked at PH but I couldn't find a story to distinguish them from the rest of the industrial conglomerates. What's the investment thesis? Maybe they deserve a thread?

God I wish I had a pile of cash laying around; 25% gain on PH in just a couple weeks and almost a 40% gain on AMGN without even breathing heavy over the last month or so. Angry

Both would've been nice long-term holds with the cap gains just icing on the cake.

C'est la vie.
=====
How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

(10-29-2014, 11:16 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(10-15-2014, 09:20 PM)earthtodan Wrote:
(10-15-2014, 12:18 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: For you youngsters, I'd seriously be looking at PH, LECO or VMI here. All are low yield but steady, long term growers so there's time to compound your way to wealth. PH especially.

I looked at PH but I couldn't find a story to distinguish them from the rest of the industrial conglomerates. What's the investment thesis? Maybe they deserve a thread?

God I wish I had a pile of cash laying around; 25% gain on PH in just a couple weeks and almost a 40% gain on AMGN without even breathing heavy over the last month or so. Angry

Both would've been nice long-term holds with the cap gains just icing on the cake.

C'est la vie.

With gains like that possible maybe you should be on Wall St Wink
Earthtodan : What did you get this for (SAFRY) and what was the size of your small portion... I've been wanting to invest in this company too, but was hesitating to do it till I heard back from one of you pros :-)

(10-28-2014, 10:22 AM)earthtodan Wrote: Added to SNY and NVO on the dips this morning. Apparently there's pricing pressure in the insulin space, which is resulting in pricing pressure on the stocks.

Also started a small position in Safran (SAFRY), a French maker of jet engines and other aerospace and defense products. They have a longstanding partnership with GE, so they're like a concentrated play on GE Aviation. I've been looking at them for a while and finally pulled the trigger.

http://www.safran-group.com/IMG/pdf/Inve...e_2014.pdf