Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to ADM, APLE, VTR and WELL
what just happened to the market the last hour? Hope we can have a day like this tomorrow too lol
(03-10-2020, 03:09 PM)stockguru Wrote: what just happened to the market the last hour? Hope we can have a day like this tomorrow too lol

I would much rather prefer a few more yesterdays Smile
(03-10-2020, 01:32 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 12:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 12:42 PM)divmenow Wrote: BA at $219 now. If it gets under $200 I’m buying more.

I wonder if Buffet has been putting all that cash to work yet?  His latest buys on OXY and DAL are not fairing all that well. This would be time to be buying more oil on his side.

Anyway bought a few MCD and AVGO.

I'd bet BRK is still just nibbling.  DAL is stabilizing near enough to their entry.  His entry in OXY is part of their problem now with that lucrative deal for him.  Same with KHC.  I'm not attracted to his predatory financing entries of late.  He wins with no regard to common stock holders losing half their investment, or worse.  He doesn't have to take more than a fraction of our risk.   

Picked up just a little CAT, WELL AND NEE today. Other low ball offers pending.
Nice on CAT. I love NEE as well but at 32x estimates doesn't that seem expensive to you? NEE is a must-have stock for ESG portfolios. That's not a reason to own it long term, but it explains why people will overpay for it as long as the mania for ESG continues. Nobody is owning it for yield or value. Some utilities have come down a lot in recent week. I bought DUK and AEP last week near the lows.
I took NEE for a quick 100 ride and jumped off about 20 ago.  It won't pull back for real until I buy some of it back.  Just trying to help others lol.  It's a momo stock.
Just went long some call options in MLP, AMOAH and ARMG

If you aren't familiar with the tickers

MLP= May20s Locust Plague

AMOAH= AUG20s Mother of all hurricanes

ARMG- Armageddon of course

What are the rest of you buying this morning? Smile
(03-11-2020, 09:15 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Just went long some call options in MLP, AMOAH and ARMG

AMOAH=  AUG20s Mother of all hurricanes

What are the rest of you buying this morning?  Smile

No idea what those companies are lol. And I'm not buying nothing today. I'm sitting this one out  Big Grin I did enough buying this week already. If AAPL gets to $100 I will buy  Huh Big Grin
(03-11-2020, 09:29 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 09:15 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Just went long some call options in MLP, AMOAH and ARMG

AMOAH=  AUG20s Mother of all hurricanes

What are the rest of you buying this morning?  Smile

No idea what those companies are lol. And I'm not buying nothing today. I'm sitting this one out  Big Grin I did enough buying this week already. If AAPL gets to $100 I will buy  Huh Big Grin
You just keep your eyes pealed and watch out for the locusts.  They are coming for sure.  A guy on youtube says they are flu carriers.   Smile

Seriously though I nibbled a few shares of my smaller stocks I don't consider all that speculative.  Just picking up 5 or 10 shares here and there. If I liked them 20% ago I should love them now right?  If I get lucky and the market bounces I'll be selling off tiny portions just the same to gradually get my cash back to a more comfortable (and age appropriate for me) percentage. 

I nibbled some more FUN (how appropriate is that ticker lol), LEVI,PPL,WELL,CAT 

I really need to start re-entering some of my UTEs.  I chickened out and sold them because I've worried for 6 months they are over-priced.  They still are but they will remain attractive now that it's impossible to get a safe yield.  That isn't going to change anytime soon IMO.
Added to LEG and TROW
(03-10-2020, 12:42 PM)divmenow Wrote: BA at $219 now. If it gets under $200 I’m buying more.

I wonder if Buffet has been putting all that cash to work yet?  His latest buys on OXY and DAL are not fairing all that well. This would be time to be buying more oil on his side.

Anyway bought a few MCD and AVGO.

I'll be with you there soon enough but you'd have to be in deep denial to not believe Boeing is in deep, deep trouble short-term.  The airline industry is always tough and BA customers are going to have to cancel some orders.  They have no other rational choice when they are cutting flights.  They have debt and dividends to pay too.  Oil is probably the only other sector with more major player fails than the airlines the past 30 years.  It was some kind of miracle BA didn't go sub 200 with the MAX drama.  BA can't keep borrowing to pay the dividend.  I hate to buy no div stocks but that's probably my BA entry, and I'll have to wait for it to pay off.  BA isn't going away, but they are going to have to offer some smoking good deals to keep sales up to a level that keeps them solvent.

I don't have a firm price target but it is way south of today. The chance of it rocketing higher and I miss my chance are approximately zero. Capitulation is finally here for BA.
Is Discover (DFS) really trading at 6 times earnings?
(03-11-2020, 10:42 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Is Discover (DFS) really trading at 6 times earnings?

Yes it is and I continue to add to that name under $54.  I love the new commercials too lol
Nibbled a few more shares. Mostly just targeting stable companies down harder than the market today with big dividend yield. It will look good later if I have to ride out a bear for years. ADM-WY-DOW-CBRL-IP-BMY-DNP. I'll grab some more NEE today if it hits my bid.