Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I added a few shares of V and INTU this morning. And 2OO xom at $56.90
Did some buying this morning. MRK, XOM, V and RTN
I'd love to add XOM at these prices but I'm pretty overweight in Energy/Oil & Gas
I did a lot of nibbling this morning. Mostly newish positions I wish to build. Literally just a few shares of most. MMM,LHX.RTN,LMT,V,ARCC,HON,CAT. Sold a few new covered puts on IP,ADM,PRU,BP,AAL. Dove in a little deeper on DAL which is taking a good hit. Best airline by far. They will recover from this if any of them do..
New position in UPS. This one got away more than once. Not just a nibble.
You all love MMM at bargain prices. Well it’s at a 52 week low now Anyone adding?
(02-24-2020, 01:01 PM)divmenow Wrote: You all love MMM at bargain prices. Well it’s at a 52 week low now Anyone adding?

Yes, added few shares
Added small numbers in BABA, MMM, Rbs.b, XOM. Amrx( same story as TEVA).

Would like to hear thoughts on XOM from folks here. How safe is the div at this point. I am getting a little worri d about oil, specifically XOM. Trying to dollar cost avg at this point but I am already too deep at $68 in this. Div and option credits have helped to offset the losses so far upto certain points but seems like impact from crona virus slow down gonna take oil further down.
Added to MO. Came back on my buy zone near $44
(02-24-2020, 01:01 PM)divmenow Wrote: You all love MMM at bargain prices. Well it’s at a 52 week low now Anyone adding?

Heck yeah we added a few shares of MMM.  You buy any SIX today?
(02-24-2020, 01:33 PM)vbin Wrote: Added small numbers in BABA, MMM, Rbs.b, XOM. Amrx( same story as TEVA).

Would like to hear thoughts on XOM from folks here. How safe is the div at this point. I am getting a little worri d about oil, specifically XOM. Trying to dollar cost avg at this point but I am already too deep at $68 in this. Div and option credits have helped to offset the losses so far upto certain points but seems like impact from crona virus slow down gonna take oil further down.

I don't think there is any near-term threat to the dividend.  XOM is an aristocrat and they are still spending money on CAPEX.  I also don't think there is much chance of oil prices rising significantly in the near future, and at the end of the day this will keep all oil stocks down.  If you are in too deep the virus may offer some other places to look for value outside the sector.

Added a few shares of TGT and started a position in FUN. Also sold a put in PRU, ENB and FUN. That's probably it for today, but I am losing track. Market is going back up tomorrow right? Smile
Here's a question.

I know a lot of you buy 1 share, 2 shares here and there. But lets say you buy Company X at $100 a shares. And then next thing you know it goes up $10 to $110 or even higher. Well you never got that opportunity again to buy more shares are are stuck with 2 shares. Unless you hold it for 20-25 years your not going to make a dime lol

The question I have is why not start out with 25 or 30 shares and if it were to go down more then you can add a few shares here and there. But at least if goes up 20 or 30 points you make some money.

I learned the hard way. I had bought 15 shares each of V and MA some years back under $100. Then they just ran and I never got an opportunity to add more lol.

The only stocks I will buy 1 or 2 shares of is GOOG or BLK. I own 2 shares of Google and 8 BLK. I will be looking to add more to those names if we keep going down