Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-04-2020, 01:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 11:07 AM)vbin Wrote: Anyone owns TEVA? I am big into this baby at 10. My largest non-div stock. This will be in teens by 2021.

Haven't looked at it lately.  So long ago I think is was a good Div stock then.  What do you believe is the catalyst to grow some earnings?
They had 3 major problems which made the stock come to where it is.

1. Due debt could have led to bankruptcy.
2. Opioid litigations.
3. Patent expiration for key drivers for revenue.

1. Is taken care of, they restructures their debt.

2. Will settle for sure. No one wants these companies to go bankrupt or stop from functioning. Govt and the lawyers are after money, they will get it.
3. Is being addressed by new drugs being launched, they are specifically launching a bunch of new products in Chinese health care market is huge and medicines are very expensive. Any company who is able to panetrate with any suitable drug is going to generate huge revenue. Why I know this? well I have been to China many times and have enough sources and experiences to validate it.

Checkout how fast they have been cutting their debt, when is it due, what revenue they are generating etc. The moment opioid sattlement is done, this is going to rocket.

Disclaimer: these are my personal views and I have a decent position in the stock.
(02-04-2020, 01:40 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added to CVX and PSX. With how cheep these stocks are now they may be in my top 5 holdings after it’s all said and done lol

I heard Jim Cramer say yesterday he is done with oil stocks. They are dinosaurs and will continue to decline into oblivion. So this must be a buying opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-04-2020, 03:00 PM)jalanlong Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:40 PM)divmenow Wrote: Added to CVX and PSX. With how cheep these stocks are now they may be in my top 5 holdings after it’s all said and done lol

I heard Jim Cramer say yesterday he is done with oil stocks. They are dinosaurs and will continue to decline into oblivion. So this must be a buying opportunity!

The famous "Cramer Put."  Big Grin
(02-04-2020, 03:00 PM)jalanlong Wrote:

Jimmy is an emotional feller.   Smile   So here's my take.  He's mostly frustrated.  There is some reason for it.  Going back 5 years I remember he had a LOT of oil CEOs on his show and they all had wonderful stories.  I can think of at least three that went BK within the year.  Many of them went BK because they got greedy and leveraged into the boom.  So he gives up on small companies and as recently as 2019 he decided oil majors and forget about em.  Makes sense to me because they will survive.  He was very fond of BP and invested in his charitable trust.  I followed him and got beat up some.  I tripled down on BP recently and added an EFT that invests in all the majors.

My opinion is it is a selective buying opportunity in oil.  But fact is new supply can easily meet demand.  There are huge producers currently sanctioned.  Our Prez loves dirt cheap oil because trhe rest of the market benefits.  So don't get sucked into a dividend that could very well fade.  Execution matters and XOM is stinking it up.  Investing big bucks in future production when that makes little sense.  They'll get by with that well enough but this isn't 25 years ago.  We are probably taking more risk in oil than it appears.  I have zero interest in small players.  I think Jim got that part right. Risk/Reward is just not there anymore unless you are an insider playing a ST trade.
few more XOM shares
(02-04-2020, 01:52 PM)vbin Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 11:07 AM)vbin Wrote: Anyone owns TEVA? I am big into this baby at 10. My largest non-div stock. This will be in teens by 2021.

Haven't looked at it lately.  So long ago I think is was a good Div stock then.  What do you believe is the catalyst to grow some earnings?
They had 3 major problems which made the stock come to where it is.

1. Due debt could have led to bankruptcy.
2. Opioid litigations.
3. Patent expiration for key drivers for revenue.

1. Is taken care of, they restructures their debt.

2. Will settle for sure. No one wants these companies to go bankrupt or stop from functioning. Govt and the lawyers are after money, they will get it.
3. Is being addressed by new drugs being launched, they are specifically launching a bunch of new products in Chinese health care market is huge and medicines are very expensive. Any company who is able to panetrate with any suitable drug is going to generate huge revenue. Why I know this? well I have been to China many times and have enough sources and experiences to validate it.

Checkout how fast they have been cutting their debt, when is it due, what revenue they are generating etc. The moment opioid sattlement is done, this is going to rocket.

Disclaimer: these are my personal views and I have a decent position in the stock.

We need a speculative stock thread rather than polluting this one.  Most of my new thread ideas go bust but I will start a new one.  That is where we could chat about speculative plays rather than here.  If you wouldn't mind, please  copy paste your TEVA propaganda there. J/K, I'll check it out.  I'm attracted to high debt companies.  Smile   Most all of us have a million dollar idea we could share.
Added some more XOM and SKT.
(02-04-2020, 03:53 PM)ChadR Wrote: Added some more XOM and SKT
So you're  getting into the MOMO stocks?  Smile
[quote pid='18758' dateline='1580850290']
(02-04-2020, 03:53 PM)ChadR Wrote: Added some more XOM and SKT
So you're  getting into the MOMO stocks?  Smile
[/quote]

Of course.  Or chasing yield.  Whichever one works for you. Rolleyes
yesterday, more XOM
Picked up some SPG yesterday at open.
Guys, I'm looking at CVX and XOM, but I've only been losely following them. What is the reason for the big dips? The balance sheets look decent with managable level of debt, but the free cash flow to dividend ratio is not that happy. Is this normal for those two players?
added more CVX, VLO, GILD and MO