Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
From the limited perspective of the stock market (not taking into account all of the other negative effects, such as layoffs), pre-recession periods are essentially Prime Day for stocks. Get quality stuff at a value that you are happy with. You will never buy in at the absolute bottom. People who bought at the pre-2008 peak were in pretty good shape a decade after the worst recession since 1929. Aristocrats with solid balance sheets are likely to keep increasing their dividends year-on-year. The sky isn't falling, but a sale might be in the works.
Added to MO and CM
Added rds.b and ENDP.

I am invested very small % in endo and decent % in TEVA. Both are beaten down due to law suites. I am optimistic that lawsuits will go away eventually or sattle. I don't think the purpose of lawsuits is to bankrupt these companies and the fear is already priced in.
While I'm pretty much a fan of buying them in any situation, some of the Canadian banks are really starting to look interesting right now.

edit: added to CM.to
added to MO and ADM
Put some pooled dividends into SKT.
Still trying to remain patient with most of my cash. Added one share of AMZN this AM. My only non-dividend stock, and the only stock I intentionally swing trade. I'd add a little more under 1700 if it goes there.
(08-07-2019, 12:52 AM)rayray Wrote: added to MO and ADM
It's time to put AG back on my watch list.  Thanks for the reminder on ADM.
(08-07-2019, 03:38 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 12:52 AM)rayray Wrote: added to MO and ADM
It's time to put AG back on my watch list.  Thanks for the reminder on ADM.

NP

ADM is one of those really boring like watching paint dry stocks! I wrestle with it at times and then I'm like ok why not...been waiting for it to drop under 39 for a while!
Added XOM