Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to ABBV and DFS
Took some pooled dividends and added more SKT
Added DFS and WFC.
Added XOM, DFS.
Averaged down my F just a little before the x-div, and some BGR which is a Blackrock Oil ETF that invests in all the majors with a 7+% div. I would have probably been better off if I'd found it long ago.
Added to C.
(01-27-2020, 12:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Averaged down my F just a little before the x-div, and some BGR which is a Blackrock Oil ETF that invests in all the majors with a 7+% div. I would have probably been better off if I'd found it long ago.

I admire the intestinal fortitude of adding to a cyclical like F while there's fears of a global slowdown due to coronavirus!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(01-28-2020, 11:13 AM)EricL Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 12:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Averaged down my F just  a little before the x-div, and some BGR which is a Blackrock Oil ETF that invests in all the majors with a 7+% div.  I would have probably been better off if I'd found it long ago.

I admire the intestinal fortitude of adding to a cyclical like F while there's fears of a global slowdown due to coronavirus!

Is that a nice way of asking "what the hell are you thinking?"   Big Grin 

F is absolutely NOT part of my DGI basket.  I have a half a dozen high div stocks stuck in a fairly predictable trading range I play income games with.  Maintain some long shares and collect the div, sell puts or calls when they swing.  F is part of that basket, but MET, PFE and a few others work MUCH better.  I'm down a few % on F for my trouble. It's less than 1% of my port and will probably always be if I have any sense.  

Started a position in MMM today.  Always wanted to own it.  A very small position for now as I doubt they have hit bottom yet.  There are many more blue chips on my list.  If they blow earnings I'll dip my toe in the water.
added to ABBV and CVS and took new positions in BAC and PSXP
(01-27-2020, 12:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote: BGR which is a Blackrock Oil ETF that invests in all the majors with a 7+% div. I would have probably been better off if I'd found it long ago.

You could have bought in the $30s LOL
(01-28-2020, 01:34 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 12:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Averaged down my F just  a little before the x-div, and some BGR which is a Blackrock Oil ETF that invests in all the majors with a 7+% div.  I would have probably been better off if I'd found it long ago.

F is absolutely NOT part of my DGI basket.  I have a half a dozen high div stocks stuck in a fairly predictable trading range I play income games with.  Maintain some long shares and collect the div, sell puts or calls when they swing.  F is part of that basket, but MET, PFE and a few others work MUCH better.  I'm down a few % on F for my trouble. It's less than 1% of my port and will probably always be if I have any sense.  

Started a position in MMM today.  Always wanted to own it.  A very small position for now as I doubt they have hit bottom yet.  There are many more blue chips on my list.  If they blow earnings I'll dip my toe in the water.

I view F as an income farm. Harvest the dividend and turn it into other DGI holdings. Have a handful of holdings like that in my portfolio.
(01-28-2020, 05:23 PM)Otter Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 01:34 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I view F as an income farm. Harvest the dividend and turn it into other DGI holdings. Have a handful of holdings like that in my portfolio.  

Sounds like you "basketize" as well.  I was late to the DGI game and I don't have many Div stocks with a YOC much above 4%.  I harvest the Divs from Ford, BP, MO, MET and a few other stocks I consider predictable enough going forward.  Add in the put and call premiums that usually expire worthless and it really adds up over the course of a year.  Most of these stocks seemingly have an endless supply of headwinds to battle.  

Just maybe F will top $10 later this year when they enter the EV market, then you can be sure they'll find another speed bump.  I would be pleasantly surprised if it ever sees $20 in my lifetime.  I know I can lose money a lot faster if I touch a smaller oil stock.