Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-22-2020, 01:31 PM)vbin Wrote: Added XOM and WFC. Comparing between 2 where to put my money purely based on numbers, it seems that WFC is a way better choice.

Probaby a good choice.  Although it looks like a decent point for a XOM trade entrance, I expect them to blow earnings report yet again.
(01-22-2020, 02:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 01:31 PM)vbin Wrote: Added XOM and WFC. Comparing between 2 where to put my money purely based on numbers, it seems that WFC is a way better choice.

Probaby a good choice.  Although it looks like a decent point for a XOM trade entrance, I expect them to blow earnings report yet again.
Agreed, I also believe that in case of a crash, WFC might take a larger hit compared to XOM( given that oil is already trading low). Both look a decent buy so adding both slowly. I am way over-weight on XOM now.
(01-22-2020, 02:56 PM)vbin Wrote:

Agreed, I also believe that in case of a crash, WFC might take a larger hit compared to XOM( given that oil is already trading low). Both look a decent buy so adding both slowly. I am way over-weight on XOM now.

I'd like to think we are near a bottom in oil major SPs but who knows?  I have been purchasing BP lately and probably for similar reasons you like XOM.  BP CEO press release surprised me today.  I happen to agree with him but the oil investors didn't like it.  If nothing else I'll try to scalp the huge BP div coming in a few weeks and sell some covered calls to lighten up next time oil is happy enough for a week.  I fight the temptation to go overweight oil because I just don't believe long-term anymore.  I've been burned some everytime I tried it.
(01-22-2020, 03:34 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I'd like to think we are near a bottom in oil major SPs but who knows?  I have been purchasing BP lately and probably for similar reasons you like XOM.  BP CEO press release surprised me today.  I happen to agree with him but the oil investors didn't like it.  If nothing else I'll try to scalp the huge BP div coming in a few weeks and sell some covered calls to lighten up next time oil is happy enough for a week.  I fight the temptation to go overweight oil because I just don't believe long-term anymore.  I've been burned some everytime I tried it.
Haven't read BP CEO's press release yet but I follow similar strategy on oil. Sell covered calls and puts.
(01-22-2020, 03:51 PM)vbin Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:34 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Haven't read BP CEO's press release yet but I follow similar strategy on oil. Sell covered calls and puts.
I know we invest a lot alike.  10% returns on income stocks that go nowhere year after year is very nice, and generally safer.  BP is going a little greener now, diversifying for future income.  All the majors make Powerpoint slides that say that, but it's mostly PC eyewash.  BP is headquartered in Europe of course so it's probably wiser to remove the target from their back sooner than later.  My eyebrows raised when my UTEs made a move towards renewables a few years ago.  Without exception they lead the US market now.  Happened faster than I ever thought possible.  R&D is good.
Bought CMCSA and added a partial position in VFC
added GILD
added CVS, PM, AVGO, ABBV and CMCSA
Purchased a little KHC today. Also sold a near-term call and a put before x-div. Been awhile since I typed that here. Smile
added XOM and GM
Added WFC
Bought some DFS after hours at $80.90 and added to CVS and BMY this morning.