Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to T and GE.
Merry Christmas fenders. Added V & UPS today.
Merry Christmas!  

I haven't bought anything the past couple of months.  I've been growing my cash position in anticipation of my 2020 Roth IRA Contributions.  To add something to the forum, while growing my cash position I've been strongly tempted by:

1 - CSCO when the dividend hit 3%.
2 - VTR if the yield hit 6%.
3 - AVGO - Adding to my position with the dividend increase.

Thank you,
Paul
added to MO and VTR

and Merry Christmas!!
(12-23-2019, 04:51 PM)pdaignau Wrote: Merry Christmas!  

I haven't bought anything the past couple of months.  I've been growing my cash position in anticipation of my 2020 Roth IRA Contributions.  To add something to the forum, while growing my cash position I've been strongly tempted by:

1 - CSCO when the dividend hit 3%.
2 - VTR if the yield hit 6%.
3 - AVGO - Adding to my position with the dividend increase.

Thank you,
Paul
Quite a few here have been nibbling on CSCO and VTR.  Famous last words but......  I think we might have months or longer to accumulate VTR.  I don't think there will be many more chances to add CSCO around 45 before it heads back to the low 50s.  I think most of us would appreciate if the market pulls back some soon.  

Defense stocks are on my add more list for early 2020.  They aren't particularly cheap now, but it's hard to imagine any of the majors struggle this year with our latest budget.  At some point the presidential race will look close for one reason or another and the political risk may provide a buying op.  I don't see anything else getting in their way in the near to midterm.  .
I wish I bought more VTR ?

Merry Christmas!!!
added more MO, ABBV and ACN this morning.

Merry Christmas all Smile
Bought a good one today after a lot of research. CODI

Anyone own the name?? 7 PE and yield f 5.94%

Also added to ABBV, MO and AMGN
added ABBV, V and DVN before end of year

I like that CODI too kblake. May take a position today as well
Purchased a starter position in BGG (Briggs and Stratton) today.  I felt sorry for them lol.  Smile  They really got hit by Sears demise.  $6 stock at an all-time low by a margin.  Seems to be bottoming but the market is hot so maybe not.  Pays a 3.4% Div, for now anyway.  Just a Spec play.  Only bought 100 shares but I am watching it close during year end tax loss selling, and might add some more after I do some real research.
(12-26-2019, 02:58 PM)kblake Wrote: Bought a good one today after a lot of research. CODI

Anyone own the name?? 7 PE and yield f 5.94%

Also added to ABBV, MO and AMGN
I owned till last year and sold out ~$19 -21.
Not familiar with CODI.  What's the investment thesis?