Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Agree on WFC, though it may be awhile. Do they currently trade at a discount to their peers? (with like financials of course). I owned in in the 1990's and to be honest I sold it for a similar, but less severe offense. Consumer fee shenanigans if I recall. They really need to make a huge effort to get the PR fixed. They really need a CEO like Jamie Dimon. Like him or not he is constantly inserting himself into the business media and it is often very positive IMO. I couldn't name another bank CEO if I had too.

Sold DIS today. Not because DIS really needs to be sold Smile I've been taking a little money off the table every few weeks and this small position needs to move to a different account provided I didn't miss the bus. We'll see if the market or DIS pulls back anytime soon. I would have jumped on CVX today if I wasn't already in with a full position at a lower price.
I want to add more XOM or start position in CVX but I still don't find CVX a bargain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
(04-12-2019, 03:49 PM)vbin Wrote: I want to add more XOM or start position in CVX but I still don't find CVX a bargain.

They are only a "bargain" when there is blood in the street.  CVX and XOM are not bleeding now.  Oil prices are way too low and weak players are going BK is when you buy, and nobody is interested.  They are horrible DGI stocks if you insist on holding full positions for decades.  I definitely buy them, but if I don't pull some profit off the top when oil is too high I am just fooling myself.  Learned that lesson way too many times the past 30 years.  You'd be better off buying a near zero growth aristocrat if you are buy and hold forever investor.  All you are buying is a secure div (only if a major) and you can get that elsewhere with a far better chance of lasting cap appreciation.  I like and own CVX, BP etc.  but you could wait 20 years for a double from here.  A decent bond or mediocre consumer staple stock will approach or beat that with much less risk.
That's exactly what I want and that's what I am looking for again. I added more oil stocks to my positions few months back but not as much as I should have.

You'll get your chance.  I think oil will stay fairly strong through the driving season like it usually does.  By then the shale players will cut their own throats  and blow up supply.  I'll be trimming slowly by then.  The buying OP will come soon enough, though it could be a year or more.  I don't pretend to know the top or bottom, but this is nowhere near the bottom.  I just don't want to be waiting 5 years to get back to even.  Next recession the majors will be paying some sweet dividends on the pullback.  This time I believe they have the balance sheets to keep the market from fearing the div is not sustainable.  The majors anyway.
Added to ADM and GS this morning.
UNH getting very interesting thanks to Bernie Sanders. I'm not buying yet. Hoping for just under $200
Reinvested some pooled dividends in ORI and PFE this afternoon.
Added to LLY and MRK.
rebought O and NNN to complete the transfer to the second account.
Then added to JNJ, O, NNN, SPG, SU, TD, PEP, ABBV, D, XOM and IBM.
Added to ABT, MRK and NEE
Any ideas on UNH this morning... I bought 50 shares of UNH yesterday @ 216... Put another limit order for 25 shares @ 205 today, but the market didn't bite... I think it is a great company for Long Term investment... But wanted your thoughts as well