Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(10-31-2018, 10:33 AM)divmenow Wrote: I know exactly why AABV is going down yes. I sold most of my shares at $115 but kept some. Wish I sold it all lol. One trick pony indeed.

On another note: Anyone own TD Bank? Looks like a great entry here. Thinking of buying today!

Sorry about that.  Your previous post sounded like a real question.  I was was going to tell you to "Google that"  Smile  Lawsuits filed today. Attorneys are all over it when a company does something shady and the stock clearly drops as a result of illegal activity. Shareholders get enough settlement money to buy a cheeseburger and lawyers get rich.

Almost all the banks look good at current prices.  It's just going to require patience to wait for the market to love them.  Almost every financial stock I research looks at least a little too cheap.  I am upside down in some BAC that looks like a screaming buy on any down trading day.
Added to PSX. Long term holding that I've owned since spun off from COP.
order for HBAN went through this morning. I'm done for now. Added PSX, OXY, DFS, OTTR, and HBAN.
GILD another one in trouble today. United Health is planning to destroy Gileads HIV business. That would wipe out all near term profits. Damn! At some point it will become a buy.

HBAN a nice bank to own. Nice buy!
(10-31-2018, 01:06 PM)divmenow Wrote: GILD another one in trouble today. United Health is planning to destroy Gileads HIV business. That would wipe out all near term profits. Damn! At some point it will become a buy.

HBAN a nice bank to own. Nice buy!

Seems like all the med companies with true growth potential come with some drama.  GILD and CELG were conquering the biotech world not so long ago.
last week added more to XOM, AOS and ETN
Finally bought my first utility today. Bought 100 D at $70.90. Sold my TSCO
(11-01-2018, 12:02 PM)stockguru Wrote: Finally bought my first utility today. Bought 100 D at $70.90. Sold my TSCO

Good move IMO.  Dominion is on my short list.  Slow grower but a nice dividend.  Some non -volatility is nice when the market gets rough.  When you grab your next one find a company mostly in electric and you'll be well diversified in the sector/industry.
D is a great name to own. Nice dividend. I like AEP as well as XEL

BTW bought 30 IBM today. I haven't owned that name is over 12 years. But as this price and acquisition of RHT I like it very much at these levels. Pays a nice 1.57 dividend as well. Long term this price will look like a bargain.
(11-01-2018, 12:02 PM)stockguru Wrote: Finally bought my first utility today. Bought 100 D at $70.90. Sold my TSCO

Nice work. No idea what you paid for TSCO, but guessing you did pretty well on that trade!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha