Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I bought some HON and SBUX this morning. I'm at my max of 15 holdings. I will own these and add to any major pullbacks in each if they should happen.

XOM, CVS, KSS, TJX, D, YUM, JNJ, HD, SBUX, MSFT , NOC, ABBV, MA, HON and CCL.
(08-07-2018, 09:35 AM)stockguru Wrote: I bought some HON and SBUX this morning. I'm not at my max of 15 holdings. I will own these and add to any major pullbacks in each if they should happen.

Well done, nice portfolio!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(08-07-2018, 09:35 AM)stockguru Wrote: I bought some HON and SBUX this morning. I'm at my max of 15 holdings. I will own these and add to any major pullbacks in each if they should happen.

You should do very well with all those names going forward. Nice dividend payers and companies we all know. That's the way to do it.
SMG (Scotts Miracle Grow) This one has come down a long way. Dividend is now at 2.7%. Does anyone follow it? I'm thinking about taking a position. You get a play on Cannabis here as well.
Added to my SO this morning down $1.90.
This afternoon added to PG, PFE, CSCO, XOM, TD, RY, AMGN, and LYB.
Finally dared to open AMZN, which is now my second stock without dividends after I tuned to DGI.
Now that I own it, I hardly can see it as a threat. And if it is a winner, I will probably let it run.

Excluding AMZN, the overall average yield of the list is 3.4% and the average DGR is 9.7% (most recent announcements). So in about two years I might have some 4% YoC which fits my schedule towards retirement.
(08-08-2018, 12:19 PM)Forticus Wrote: Finally dared to open AMZN, which is now my second stock without dividends after I tuned to DGI.

Was the first one BRK?
Kerim,
yep, the .B one.
Which reminds my to answer your recent explanation on MO/BUD, see you there.
I took new positions in NWL and WSFS. I'm following the insiders on NWL

I have followed this company for a long time. And I remember when they bought Jarden. NWL owns a a ton of brands you all know from Elmers Glue to Yankee Candle.

Does anyone else own it?
Added KHC.

Can you guys share your thoughts on NOC, LMT, UNH, IP at current levels?
(08-09-2018, 08:56 AM)divmenow Wrote: I took new positions in NWL and WSFS.  I'm following the insiders on NWL

I have followed this company for a long time. And I remember when they bought Jarden.  NWL owns a a ton of brands you all know from Elmers Glue to Yankee Candle.

Does anyone else own it?

I had NWL before the Rubbermaid deal. I thought it was to be perfect synergy. That stock has literally been a dog ever since. Dividend is nice but no price appreciation whatsoever.

Good luck.
(08-10-2018, 01:14 AM)vineetbindal Wrote: Added KHC.

Can you guys share your thoughts on NOC, LMT, UNH, IP at current levels?

My take is:
IP - cut the dividend in 2010, wouldn't even consider
UNH - 1.4% entry yield, wouldn't even consider, this is below S&P500's and will take ages to grow. Historically also not a good entry point.
NOC - solid dividend grower, not a good entry yield in my opinion. But would certainly do some research 
LMT - outstanding company and would consider it above 3-3.5% entry yield