Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-21-2018, 03:40 PM)EricL Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 03:35 PM)divmenow Wrote: I added a little more CVS, XOM, and HD

I'm amazed at the frequency of your buys. Wish I had that kind of capital to work with!

I always assumed that he and Rasec bought in much smaller share counts than most.  The trading fees would not be too bad with a low commission broker like IB or a free trade broker like Merrill Edge. Of course they might be rolling in the moolah too!
Nobody asked but I like T, O, MO, PM, XOM, CVX, WEC, KO, CLX, PEP at these prices

anybody liking CL in the upper $60's?
(02-22-2018, 01:09 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: anybody liking CL in the upper $60's?

Facts:
P/E over 30
Dividend Yield under 2.5%
Decreasing sales
They are using share buybacks and reducing costs to counteract the drop in sales
Tax change will help, but the strong dollar hurts (75% of their business is outside the U.S.)

Conclusion:
Still over priced
(02-22-2018, 08:37 AM)rapidacid Wrote: Nobody asked but I like T, O, MO, PM, XOM, CVX, WEC, KO, CLX, PEP at these prices

Love at these prices:
T, O

Like at these prices:
MO, XOM, WEC

Don't like at these prices:
PM, CVX, KO, CLX, PEP
Suprised no-one mentioned PG - I've been buying.
Added to O today.
Wednesday
sold BP
opend PEP, NNN
added to XOM, GILD, MO, PG - now each a full pos.
added to DUK, SO
I sold out of PPG and PII after a 7 year run and did very well. I put the proceeds into HSY and UPS today. I like these name more long term and like the yield better. I will save the rest of the cash for March.

Names I'm looking at at CCL, MMP, KMB, SO and KHC

Nice buys Foricus. Although I know the name I don't follow NNN
HSY Looks very tempting. I may have to buy a few shares today. My kids love Hershey Park lol. What was the cause for the drop divmenow? I bought T this morning on my hubby insisted we own it. My portfolio although not a lot as far as dollars, is filled with names we know and can follow easy. My kids love TGT and MCD so we own those names.
(02-28-2018, 10:10 AM)stockguru Wrote: HSY Looks very tempting. I may have to buy a few shares today. My kids love Hershey Park lol. What was the cause for the drop divmenow? I bought T this morning on my hubby insisted we own it. My portfolio although not a lot as far as dollars, is filled with names we know and can follow easy. My kids love TGT and MCD so we own those names.

HSY is down because they missed their earnings on Feb 1st.  I used to own HSY for many years but sold it when it was around $115.  I just couldn't justify the price.  I fear their growth is slowing and their debt burden worries me.
HSY missed by .03 cents. HSY reported EPS of $1.03 per share and the Consensus Estimate of $1.06 per share. But they reaffirmed next quarter.

Hershey is an iconic name and they continue to raise the dividend. Don't forget they also turned down a $130 a share offer last year from Nestle'. Someone will take them out. The question is when and at what price. You will do well buying at these prices.

If you want some other good names at discount take a look at CVS, MO and KMB. All those pay a nice dividend and are far below there 52 week highs. Good luck