Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
more shopping today: BRK.B, VFC, BLK, ADM, SPG, KIM, all opend and full positions.
wanted to buy Telus T.TO, but interactivebrokers refused the order due to "regulatory issues with my account". I inquired by email because I had succesfully bought other stocks @ TSE. They answered that it's a Canadian regulatory issue in that only Canadian residents are allowed to buy Telus @ TSE.
I will write an email to Telus and try to be as polite as possible ...
Are there other (dividend) stocks from the CCC or Canadian all Stars lists that are not available to non-residends? And where would I find that information?
I can buy Telus on the NYSE. It's ticker is TU.
I will think about it, thanks.
I switched from SU to SU.TO earlier this year and bought RY.TO and TD.TO last year to simplify tracking and analysis. In addition I would bypass the USD rates. My base is EUR.
I bought some SKT just now. Stock is getting hammered and thrown out with the bath water from retail. But they are in the outlet business and I know this company very well. Great value here. Yield is now over 5% yield. Wow! Take a look guys. I think you will like it.
added to BP, a bit of a div counterweight to BRK.B ;-)
Sold some old stuff from Europe and added to UBNT, AMAT, JNJ, T, CM.TO as well as initiated a new position in OHI. (a big thanks to those who brought it up in my recent thread)
HD just keeps on going up. They blew it out of the park. I'm thinking I may not get a chance to buy on the pullback lol. Anyway I added some TJX, ABBV and VZ today.
Anyone nibbling these sales today?

Nothing really interesting for me right now, apart from usual suspects, VZ, DIS, maybe more IBM and GE.
I feel blind, cant reach fastgraphs for over 24 hours now (Safari on Mac OS)
Would love to check out some defensive core stocks as discussed by chowder since Mike Nadels core thread. I am underweight in defensive 20%, sensitive 17% and cyclic 29%, 10% cash and 20% projected deposits.
Looks like I was a bit early shopping last Wednesday.
My FAST Graphs was back up and working this morning.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Also back in now. thanks
Added to Cisco, obvious buy for me today.