Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
Another lackluster increase for AAPL. This is four years in a row now of single-digit dividend increases, and the payout ratio is now down to 15%.

Yup. Continued their policy of the last few years. Personally I think they just go NVDA and cut the raises out completely - what's the point? Not that it matters. With their cash flows there's effectively no difference between no raise and 4.5%.

I own it in all three of my accounts but it's pseudo-cash in my taxable (dividend) account. And my largest position at 12.3%. I'll likely start working on that early next year.

There is a logical reason for this. Buybacks are a much more effective way for Board members' stock options to execute.
(04-29-2022, 04:00 AM)cemanuel Wrote: Another lackluster increase for AAPL. This is four years in a row now of single-digit dividend increases, and the payout ratio is now down to 15%.

Yup. Continued their policy of the last few years. Personally I think they just go NVDA and cut the raises out completely - what's the point? Not that it matters. With their cash flows there's effectively no difference between no raise and 4.5%.

I own it in all three of my accounts but it's pseudo-cash in my taxable (dividend) account. And my largest position at 12.3%. I'll likely start working on that early next year.

There is a logical reason for this. Buybacks are a much more effective way for Board members' stock options to execute.
Yes Sir, and some of their high end stock holders don't want to pay taxes on a high dividend.  With today's accounts set up like they are, even an investor with very few shares could sell a partial share annually and get his income.
Baxter (NYSE:BAX) declares $0.29/share quarterly dividend, 3.6% increase from prior dividend of $0.28.
Forward yield 1.64%
Payable July 1; for shareholders of record June 3; ex-div June 2.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Devon Energy (NYSE:DVN) declares $1.27/share quarterly dividend, 27% increase from prior dividend of $1.00.
Forward yield 8.68%
Payable June 30; for shareholders of record June 13; ex-div June 10.
The company also expanded its share-repurchase authorization by 25% to $2B. This increased authorization extends the program through May 4, 2023. As of the end of April, Devon repurchased 19.1M shares at a total cost of $891M.
Coterra Energy (NYSE:CTRA) declares $0.60/share total quarterly dividend ($0.15 base, $0.45 variable).
Forward yield 8.3%
Payable May 25; for shareholders of record May 13; ex-div May 12.

Earnings - the Company generated $1.01 in adjusted earnings per share during the quarter, versus Street expectations for $0.81.
Cash flow - the business generated $961m in free cash flow, or ~4.1% of the current market cap.
Capital allocation - the Board authorized a 60c variable plus base dividend for the quarter (8.3% yield), and repurchased 7.6m shares (~1.0% of shares outstanding).
Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP) declares $1.30/share quarterly dividend, 10.2% increase from prior dividend of $1.18.
Forward yield 2.3%
Payable June 30; for shareholders of record May 31; ex-div May 27.
Crescent Point Energy (NYSE:CPG) declares $0.065/share quarterly dividend, 44.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.045.
Forward yield 3.91%
Payable July 4; for shareholders of record June 15; ex-div June 14.
Plus an announced plan to return 60% of earnings back to shareholders.  

Their preferred way to do that is via dividends

EOG Resources declares $0.75 dividend, $1.80 special dividend

May 05, 2022 4:19 PM ETEOG Resources, Inc. (EOG)By: Preeti Singh, SA News Editor 5 Comments

EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG) declares $0.75/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 2.43%
Payable July 29; for shareholders of record July 15; ex-div July 14.

The Board of Directors also declared a special dividend of $1.80/share on EOG's common stock. The special dividend will be payable June 30, 2022, to stockholders of record as of June 15, 2022.
(05-16-2022, 04:35 PM)rnsmth Wrote: Plus an announced plan to return 60% of earnings back to shareholders.  

Their preferred way to do that is via dividends

EOG Resources declares $0.75 dividend, $1.80 special dividend

May 05, 2022 4:19 PM ETEOG Resources, Inc. (EOG)By: Preeti Singh, SA News Editor 5 Comments

EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG) declares $0.75/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 2.43%
Payable July 29; for shareholders of record July 15; ex-div July 14.

The Board of Directors also declared a special dividend of $1.80/share on EOG's common stock. The special dividend will be payable June 30, 2022, to stockholders of record as of June 15, 2022.
EOG just keeps giving.  There may never be a time this good as an oil stock owner.
Deere to boost quarterly dividend by nearly 8%

Deere & Co. said Wednesday that it was declaring a quarterly dividend of $1.13 a share, up 8 cents a share from the prior level and representing a nearly 8% increase. The new dividend will be payable Aug. 8 to shareholders of record as of June 30, 2022. "The latest increase in our quarterly dividend is a reflection of Deere's recent strong performance and the success of our Smart Industrial strategy," Chief Executive John May said in a press release.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Woo!

Lowe's (NYSE:LOW) declares $1.05/share quarterly dividend, 31.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.80.
Forward yield 2.15%
Payable Aug. 3; for shareholders of record July 20; ex-div July 19.
CEO comment: "Today's dividend increase reflects the strength and consistency of our cash flow and our continued commitment to returning capital to our shareholders."
LyondellBasell (NYSE:LYB) +2.9% pre-market after saying on Friday that it will pay a special dividend of $5.20/share and raise its quarterly dividend by 5.3% to $1.19/share from $1.13/share.

June just became, easily, my all-time record dividend month. My 3rd-largest position and as I still have cash from my tax-loss WHR sale, I may be overweight it for 31 days. I'll decide that by Tuesday but it's hard to see the downside of a $6.39/sh return on some extra shares of a company I like anyway.