Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 for year end 2021
(12-27-2021, 11:26 AM)EricL Wrote: Here are my top ten as of this morning.

1. LOW 4.36%
2. DLR 3.93%
3. AAPL 3.90%
4. AVGO 3.58%
5. MSFT 3.42%
6. QCOM 3.03%
7. UNH 3.01%
8. WSO 2.98%
9. TGT 2.77%
10. ABT 2.70%

Nice.  I have HD instead of LOW, but I might re-add LOW next year.  DLR somehow I've missed seeing before; it looks pretty good.  QCOM is one of the chip stocks I don't own but it's 6% of SOXL so in a way I have a lot :Smile UNH is a big name I don't have.  WSO has really been great since the March 2020 dip!  ABT has one of the smoothest 5 year charts I've ever seen.  I really have to get into that one.
(12-27-2021, 11:02 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 10:31 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 02:50 PM)fenders53 Wrote: As I enter retirement ETFs definitely my three largest positions.  SPY-QQQ-!WM to begin.

1. JNJ
2. BMY
3. XEL
4. DG
5. WEC
6. RTX
7. TXRH
8. VSTO
9. EOG
10. FB

Definitely plan to trim BMY via covered calls.   VSTO has grown a little large.

Wow, FB is your 10th?  Are you all-in on the 'meta-verse'?
Heck yes I am!  What exactly is the metaverse again?    Tongue

I've struggled to get the port just where I want it.  And I am try to time a brokerage switch.  Right now my largest holding is company called Stack of Benjamins.  If I took it out to 15 you would see GOOGL-AMZN etc.  Add in the ETFs and I have all the big mega tech I need.  I also write options so a stock can rise or drop a few positions on short notice.  That's where 75% of my port income comes from so it's just something I have to accept.

Just a bit surprised.  I don't know if my retirement port will have any names under 2.5% yield in it with nice dividend growth rates to match, but of course you can always sell a share here and there of big tech to live off of too.
(12-23-2021, 08:25 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm in the midst of a multi-year effort to move my company stock over to my E*Trade account, and I have planned a particularly large move for next year (adding about 60% more to my taxable account balance), so I think it makes sense to participate in a top 10 holdings thread after the dust has settled.

Well, what the heck.  I'm on vacation and waiting for my daughter to get ready, so I'll share my non-company-stock non-ETF top 10 as of this moment:

1. AVGO, 2.47% yield
2. STX, 2.51% yield
3. ORCL, 1.43% yield
4. MSFT, 0.74% yield
5. OXLC, 11.8% yield
6. HTGC, 8% yield
7. AAPL, 0.5% yield
--- above are all "large position" or greater
8. TGT, 1.63% yield  <-- this had been #5 before the price drop
9. HRZN, 7.62% yield
10. CIM, 8.54% yield
Most of those have been a good place to be this year. And ABT is a good one to consider. It's almost never cheap but well managed for over 50 years. They do a better job of staying out of trouble than most healthcare companies too.
no movement within the top 10--all equities maintained their position

i didn't think of this--but my crypto is

cardano (ADA)
cosmos (ATOM)
algorand (ALGO)
binance (BNB)
kucoin (KCS)
persistance (XPRT)

between ken (mentioning crypto instead of playing the lotto), my brother saying the same thing (instead of 50 to 100 lotto per month--goes to crypto), my boss and a good friend--oh my brother-n-law/his son, then of course my buddy since 13 years old busting my balls for 5 or 6 years i finaly dipped my toes into crypto-land

been reading reading and reading--driving myself and the wife nuts

we'll see where this goes lol
(01-02-2022, 12:03 PM)rayray Wrote: no movement within the top 10--all equities maintained their position

i didn't think of this--but my crypto is

cardano (ADA)
cosmos (ATOM)
algorand (ALGO)
binance (BNB)
kucoin (KCS)
persistance (XPRT)

between ken (mentioning crypto instead of playing the lotto), my brother saying the same thing (instead of 50 to 100 lotto per month--goes to crypto), my boss and a good friend--oh my brother-n-law/his son, then of course my buddy since 13 years old busting my balls for 5 or 6 years i finaly dipped my toes into crypto-land

been reading reading and reading--driving myself and the wife nuts

we'll see where this goes lol
I think you have the right perspective Ray.  You aren't betting the farm so what's the harm?  I do think most of them will end up being digital air in a year or two but you might be able to get out with a decent sized win.  As I have mentioned several times my favorite hippie fly fishing buddy told me to buy BTC when it was way under $100.  I laughed it off.  He never owned a single share of stock so I knew it was going nowhere.  Smile