Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your winners & losers today?
(09-27-2021, 07:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote: You've been chasing highs with a lot of your purchases the past year.  When it doesn't work out perfectly then waiting through some consolidation is part of the deal.  Maybe add some more shares later if they dip for real.  Most of what you have been buying lately is quality so you can and should just ride it out.  Eventually the market has a bad year and you get a chance to add lots of shares to the port that aren't overvalued.  The one thing you can't do is dump quality stocks just because they corrected a few months after purchase.  That will end in guaranteed underperformance for your port.  Your other choice is index funds.  

If you find a way to own 40 stocks and not be sitting on some short term losers at all times please share your secret. Smile

Yeah, I fell prey to too much fear-of-missing-out and jumped in way too late in the game on a bunch.  Or when one of my stocks skyrocketed, I bought more at the top.  I learned a lot this year.  Last year and up to this March I was spoiled because everything I bought just immediately went up afterwards.  

In hindsight, I should have been ramping up on the chip stocks this year while they weren't doing as much, because they are going to take off late 2022.  You heard it here first!

Messages In This Thread
What are your winners & losers today? - by 2R45 - 04-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by ken-do-nim - 09-27-2021, 09:58 PM
RE: What are your winners & losers today? - by backroadbob - 12-20-2021, 07:11 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM
What are your winners & losers today? - by bankerboy - 01-28-2022, 08:50 AM