Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lucas03 dividend portfolio
The other consideration is what happens in a flat or down market. The data I saw shows that dividend aristocrat stocks do much better than the index during recessions. Obviously it is really good for dripping as well.
So I added 1 share of BA today by mistake. By mistake, I mean I had limit order from month ago and forgot about it. Just today I was watching video (https://youtu.be/bqgzmQJE3Uk?t=429) about that and said to myself, I am not buying boeing this year Big Grin
(01-21-2020, 04:36 PM)lucas03 Wrote: So I added 1 share of BA today by mistake. By mistake, I mean I had limit order from month ago and forgot about it. Just today I was watching video (https://youtu.be/bqgzmQJE3Uk?t=429) about that and said to myself, I am not buying boeing this year Big Grin

And so it begins Smile
bought 4 GILD shares on new broker Tongue

All of my stocks are bought on degiro.cz, which has 0.5$ commissions per trade, but recently they started taking 30% tax on dividends. So I looked for alternatives in Europe and surprisingly found trading212 (BTW my reflink, if it's not ok I'll remove it) - free commissions, no fees, 15% tax on dividends, fractional shares and in March they should introduce DRIP. I am really happy about this, hopefully, I won't find any problem soon. support is also mega helpful and I can have account in USD Smile
Just bought 3.91 XOM shares for 61.36 usd, i didn't have enough money for 4 shares on new broker Big Grin
bought 16 shares of SKT for 12.71
Bought 16 shares of M and 5 shares of XOM today, both already in my portfolio and just decreasing cost basis. Maybe UPS in a week if it continues to go down.

Seeing my portfolio go down from 18% XIRR (for the past 4 years) to 10% in a few days is pretty scary. But this is what I have been waiting for, seeing how my portfolio recovers after a recession.
I just bought BA, XOM and SKT in the past few days. I also added a limit order for F, also to lower my cost average.

I feel like I should plan how much money I invest and when. Because right now I did buys in a few days which I usually have in the budget for 1 month. Probably brainstorming and coming up with numbers how much I wanna spend in optimistic/nominal/pesimistic scenario for the following 6-12 months.

All my transactions - https://www.digrin.com/portfolio/24-dgi/transactions/
(03-14-2020, 06:13 AM)lucas03 Wrote: I just bought BA, XOM and SKT in the past few days. I also added a limit order for F, also to lower my cost average.

I feel like I should plan how much money I invest and when. Because right now I did buys in a few days which I usually have in the budget for 1 month. Probably brainstorming and coming up with numbers how much I wanna spend in optimistic/nominal/pesimistic scenario for the following 6-12 months.

All my transactions - https://www.digrin.com/portfolio/24-dgi/transactions/
A little extra investing these next few months could pay off.  This bear market might only last a few months  Typically they average a little over a year  There is nothing typical about our current economic or market situation.  If you are open to advice, down and scared markets are when you should consider buying quality.  I'll caution you not to always chase yield  These are the troubling times when a stressed company is most likely to cut their dividend.  Stocks like SKT and F will still be there when the economy levels out.  You have some blue chips in your port that are also on discount.  Those are the stocks to treat like core positions and buy more shares of them.  

It ls OK to have some low quality speculative stocks in your portfolio, but don't make them your larger positions because they are the most likely to turn into a big anchor on your portfolio for years.  I'm not saying they can't fix their businesses and rise again eventually, but you have better options among your holdings.  Those stocks could be to new highs by the end of the year, and it's highly likely they are by 2021 IMO.
Thank you for your comment, it really got me thinking I should spend more time reading through balance sheets and business models my companies have. Your comment got me a little bit demotivated, that I am buying shitty stocks and don't know how to change that.

I actually was averaging down on these positions, some of which already suspended dividends.

I also added two features recently to digrin.com, first one I was playing around for some time. It compares my portfolio to SP500 and any stocks/ETF. I need to add more tests here, as it seems like sp500 is beating portfolios too often Big Grin[Image: AD6DeUbm68E1iVsaPwVrUWkv32H0gm]

And what I think is more useful now (corona), are dividend cuts. I created a list of dividend cuts (though I update it manually, so I will probably miss some dividend cuts, hopefully, users will let me know).
[Image: 19cja7lbVJruYBcC0Je7ruLJUeN09V]
It took expected dividends in dividend calendar in my portfolio from $1326.42 to $1271.33 .
And what I plan to do soon are dividend decreases. That I should be able to automate, making dividend calendar pretty precise in expected dividends Smile