Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The perfect 2019 port, a contest of sorts....
Love this idea!

I'm going with: AAPL, BUD, GOOG, MO, VER.

Personally, I don't think it harms the game if there is a fair bit of overlap among the portfolios. Each person has to strategize whether and how to stick with the herd or depart from it!
OK, unless one of my favorite but overpriced stocks blows earnings the next few weeks and gets real cheap, here is what I am going with.

AAPL
HD
NEE
UPS
RQI

I am shorting HOG.

The short was the hardest pick. After the recent correction, 10 1/2 months is a LONG time to short a stock that pays a dividend. I like Otter's strategy, but unaware of many likely to cut their dividend. I don't see HOG running enough to wreck my port return.
Okay,

I like this!!

My quick pick 5 is but I might change before the dead line are

AAPL
XOM
MO
GILD
JNJ

Okay, the short was really hard so I'm going with a company that won't kill my pick 5 by going up too much

CPB

Edit: removed AOS (even though I like it a lot for accumulation--added GILD--for two years in a row I picked GILD, but this year I picked AAPL at Roadmap2Retire's contest)(removed ALB and added JNJ, same thing with ALB like it a lot) Trade wars, the wall, talks about 2020, uncertainty, I just think it's going to be a choppy year.
Here are my entries,

T, HSY, DWDP, ALLY, CAH

Interested to see how this goes, still working on figuring out if I'm evaluating these stock correctly.