• 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-30-2020, 09:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 12:43 AM)rayray Wrote: My gawd....what the HELL

Buy a QUALITY company
At a REASONABLE price
Look for that DIVIDEND
And NEVER SELL

So many companies have treated me very well, I'd have a heart attack if I sold Apple stock. My buddy has been trying to get me to sell for years and years and years and buy back later? Guess who has several hundred shares and who has none?
All this time I thought you were Warren Buffett incognito.  Guess not because he has been selling quite a bit this year.  Smile

LOL...yea WB has me by several millions and millions of shares LOL

You know, for all the money in the world I'd still chose myself over WB for the fact I'm still in my 40's and he's now officially in his 90's

We can't buy time brother
(08-30-2020, 09:44 AM)rayray Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 09:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 12:43 AM)rayray Wrote: My gawd....what the HELL

Buy a QUALITY company
At a REASONABLE price
Look for that DIVIDEND
And NEVER SELL

So many companies have treated me very well, I'd have a heart attack if I sold Apple stock. My buddy has been trying to get me to sell for years and years and years and buy back later? Guess who has several hundred shares and who has none?
All this time I thought you were Warren Buffett incognito.  Guess not because he has been selling quite a bit this year.  Smile

LOL...yea WB has me by several millions and millions of shares LOL

You know, for all the money in the world I'd still chose myself over WB for the fact I'm still in my 40's and he's now officially in his 90's

We can't buy time brother
Once told a tightwad friend of mine "you can't take it with you buddy".  He said he was buying travelers checks lol.  Do those even exist anymore?  I'm guessing not.
Travelers checks still exist but there's a fee. I can think of a few better ways to get a negative return on investment.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sold a put on RTX expiring Friday. Fed says: they will use all tools at their disposal, means they are still open to inject another round of trillions if needed. This market will keep rising untill Trump wins and he is going to win. ( I am no trump supporter, don't bash me.) And then he wouldn't care what happens to the market and hence it might fall. Politics is brutal.
Added to MAA and PEP yesterday.
(09-01-2020, 03:57 AM)vbin Wrote: Sold a put on RTX expiring Friday. Fed says: they will use all tools at their disposal, means they are still open to inject another round of trillions if needed. This market will keep rising untill Trump wins and he is going to win. ( I am no trump supporter, don't bash me.) And then he wouldn't care what happens to the market and hence it might fall. Politics is brutal.
I think the election will stay close enough to keep the market wondering.  Politics are indeed brutal and the news cycle is about 48hrs long.  I am going to plan for both outcomes.  It doesn't make a huge difference in how I invest anyway. 

I am still counting on stimulus at some point.  They can't wait too much longer with the unemployment rate so high.  $1 1/2T seems plausible at this point.

My brokerage account was down almost the entire day yesterday so no new buys.
Sold BIGC for a 6% loss in my trading account and used proceeds to add to my TDOC.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added on ABBV, BMY & PNW. All small amount.
I will be making some larger moves the next few days or weeks. "TINA" has finally gotten to some of my conservative baskets. I had a money market fund. It's sole purpose to just be there whenever the big drop comes. I was willing to be very patient. Less than a year ago it yielded $100 a month and I was content with that. My new statement just posted and it was $2.90 for AUG. That is a .04% 30 day yield!!! If that's not a negative effective yield I don't know what is. I am going to sell some way out of the money puts on some safe stocks. We discussed this on the conservative option thread months ago and it's now time. A "safe" 3-4% APR is starting to look real good.
Purely a speculative play.
SHLL
Went into 70 percent cash yesterday. Will wait patiently for the next downturn.

My top 10 is still in tact. Sold all my trading stocks and etf's
Sold just a few shares here and there, and covered call in RTX and XEL late in the day. Mostly just lightly trimming in sectors I am getting a little fat on. Some might call that over handling my portfolio. Probably guilty as charged lol. If the market keeps running I'll probably keep selling VERY gradually. In deep enough that I won't miss the ride.

I'd actually like to buy some more shares but practically nothing on my watch list that hasn't run up lately. I'm not asking for a crash, but a nice pull back in at least a few sectors would be welcomed.