Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-17-2020, 08:53 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 08:50 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: LOW down almost 6% at the open. Added a little. Smile

LOW and HD are still busy locally.  And a lot of fools calling and hoping we have toilet paper.  OMG how did TP hoarding even start lol?

No buys for me yet today.  Waiting for the next swarm of locusts lol.

I cannot answer the question about TP hoarding, since it really beats me. It's definitely a sign of mass hysteria, but why TP? 

But yeah, of course most companies will be taking a financial hit from this virus but I think LOW and HD should be ok as long as they are allowed to stay open. DIY guys need something to do while they are stuck at home.

edit: IIPR buy order just went through. Smile I mean, it's a 7% yield with massive increases recently. Zero debt. Only real worry is if some of their clients go belly up in this turmoil.
(03-17-2020, 08:59 AM)vbin Wrote: Added WFC, little O. Starbucks is getting tempting but still over valued.

Thought from folks on financial stocks? DFS seems to be too undervalued as well.

SO have started to come into good value territory. Glad I sold in 60s lol. Thanks to Chuck carnival.

DFS has just a BBB- credit rating, so that would scare me quite a bit in the current environment. Also keep in mind that DFS is an actual lender, while V and MA are simply payment technologies, meaning that DFS has much more risk associated with it in a recession.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
In support of my previous comment on DFS, and its risk compared with V or MA.

During the '08/'09 recession, DFS earnings fell to $0.08 per share, and share price dropped to under $5.

Meanwhile, V and MA continued growing EPS at a double-digit rate...

I'd much rather own V or MA than DFS, despite their lower yields. They will survive this downturn much better.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(03-16-2020, 02:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 02:39 PM)kblake Wrote: In for a big position in WEN at $12.65.

Did a little buying as well in KO, D, BTI, AWK, HD

I finally have a restaurant stock brother lol.  That entry will work out.  I just nibbled today above 13.  I'll get serious around 12 for sure.
$10.14 now on WEN. Wow at this price I'm in lol  Big Grin 

You buy more fenders and Kblake?
(03-17-2020, 09:13 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought some O, WELL and RTN. Sold out of RTN at much higher levels now I got to buy back at $116

Vice President and CFO of Raytheon Co (30-Year Financial, Insider Trades) Anthony F O'brien (insider trades) sold 9,539 shares of RTN on 03/04/2020 at an average price of $198.48 a share. The total sale was $1.9 million. Smart man this guy was!! haha

I miss the days where the Dow would go up 30 points or down 30 points lol

(03-17-2020, 09:27 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 08:53 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 08:50 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: LOW down almost 6% at the open. Added a little. Smile

LOW and HD are still busy locally.  And a lot of fools calling and hoping we have toilet paper.  OMG how did TP hoarding even start lol?

No buys for me yet today.  Waiting for the next swarm of locusts lol.

I cannot answer the question about TP hoarding, since it really beats me. It's definitely a sign of mass hysteria, but why TP? 

But yeah, of course most companies will be taking a financial hit from this virus but I think LOW and HD should be ok as long as they are allowed to stay open. DIY guys need something to do while they are stuck at home.

edit: IIPR buy order just went through. Smile I mean, it's a 7% yield with massive increases recently. Zero debt. Only real worry is if some of their clients go belly up in this turmoil.
I would have told you hell no on HD or LOW until just a day or two ago.  I believe they are near fair value now. (not undervalued).  I just worked a shift at HD and we received a large shipment of virus protection items for employees and store sanitation.  Hand sanitizer, disinfectant sprays etc.  Manager said there is no indication any stores are closing unless mandated by the GOV which would likely mean there is a local epidemic and folks aren't shopping for a new fridge or flooring anyway.  Our sales are just a little better than plan actually.  Probably the same for LOW.
(03-17-2020, 09:45 AM)EricL Wrote: In support of my previous comment on DFS, and its risk compared with V or MA.

During the '08/'09 recession, DFS earnings fell to $0.08 per share, and share price dropped to under $5.

Meanwhile, V and MA continued growing EPS at a double-digit rate...

I'd much rather own V or MA than DFS, despite their lower yields. They will survive this downturn much better.
I agree. Thanks Eric.
BRK.B

$100bn+ cash should be fun for them to shop with.
(03-17-2020, 08:53 AM)fenders53 Wrote: OMG how did TP hoarding even start lol?

Because there is no dignity in using a news paper instead..... should manufacturing stop for few weeks :-)
(03-17-2020, 10:44 AM)MikeWa Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 08:53 AM)fenders53 Wrote: OMG how did TP hoarding even start lol?

Because there is no dignity in using a news paper instead..... should manufacturing stop for few weeks :-)

I refuse to participate in the hysteria.  My wife told me "you keep ranting and not hoarding TP, and we'll be cutting up your old T-shirts next week".  I've got my pride lol.  Sorry for the off topic.  I haven't checked the market for an hour.  Baby steps lol.
Initial position into WEN. Getting in at $11.34 was just too good to pass up.
(03-17-2020, 11:29 AM)ChadR Wrote: Initial position into WEN.  Getting in at $11.34 was just too good to pass up.

Nice buy. I got in at $10.14. Only bought 50 shares because I didn't know if would go lower lol
I didn't get much either. Just emptied the cash that was in my wife's ROTH from dividends that had built up over the past week.