Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-27-2019, 09:12 AM)stockguru Wrote: So I read a comment on SeekingAlpha
MO shareholders would get 0.70 shares of PM for each share of MO and PM increases dividend to $4.80
in that scenario, MO shareholders would have the same dividend payout. The "buyout" price would be just over $51 which is where we are now.

No one has any details regarding the particulars of any deal at the moment. PM's own press release indicates that there is no agreement yet, and it has no comment at this time as to any particulars, beyond pitching an all-stock "merger of equals":

"Philip Morris International Inc. (PM) today announced that it is in discussions with Altria Group, Inc. (MO) regarding a potential all-stock, merger of equals. There can be no assurance that any agreement or transaction will result from these discussions. Additionally, there can be no assurance that if an agreement is reached, that a transaction will be completed. Any transaction would be subject to the approval of the two companies’ boards and shareholders, and regulators, as well as other conditions. Philip Morris International intends to make no further comment regarding the discussions unless and until it is appropriate to do so."

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/17614117-phi...-potential
(08-27-2019, 09:12 AM)stockguru Wrote: So I read a comment on SeekingAlpha
MO shareholders would get 0.70 shares of PM for each share of MO and PM increases dividend to $4.80
in that scenario, MO shareholders would have the same dividend payout. The "buyout" price would be just over $51 which is where we are now.
given current context, I am also curious what would be decent price for PM to pick up more. I own both.
Added a little more PM at $71.40 and OXY.
Added to PM
added to PM @$69.56
Glad I bought more PM. News out. Basically PM WANTED MO on the cheap. MO almost in the red now. You got your chance now Karim lol
Buy buy buy Mo now at $45.50 lol. Was this a take under lol
Just bought MO at $45.60.
Well that worked out well today. Sold MO at $52 this morning and just bought back at $45.60 lol
(08-27-2019, 11:24 AM)divmenow Wrote: Well that worked out well today. Sold MO at $52 this morning and just bought back at $45.60 lol

Excellent call selling on the bump.
Not sure if I would have personally bought it back but that was definitely the right time to let go of it!
Added a little bit PM this morning.
(08-27-2019, 11:24 AM)divmenow Wrote: Well that worked out well today. Sold MO at $52 this morning and just bought back at $45.60 lol

Anyone looking at SKT (almost at its 52 wk low now)... What would be a nice price point to get in ?