Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-05-2018, 03:25 PM)divmenow Wrote: This is getting comical lol. Down over 1500 points. Wall St crooks up to there old tricks. Trying to slam the market so these funds can buy in cheaper. Meanwhile the little guy like us gets screwed. Meanwhile AAPL was up $5 on Friday in pre-market and then it goes down $8 lol. I spent all the money I had last week the day before the crash. Just my luck. I was able to gather some lose change under couch and added to V today. God help us all Wink

Really? How about some market analysts showing some long-forgotten caution and traders and retail investors starting to get nervous? The crooks can't manipulate the whole market. Much better at insider trading, front running, selling junk to retail, high speed trading and money laundering.

(02-05-2018, 04:55 PM)Kerim Wrote: It has been so long since a meaningful correction that maybe we've lost our legs for it!

I still have a lot of accumulating to do before I can retire, so I'm just going to remind myself how nice it is to be able to pick up shares cheaper. Time to sharpen the pencil and start looking for opportunities.

I didn't pay much attention myself. Come talk to me when we crash like 1987. In meantime, I gotta go snoop around for something to throw money at ... maybe.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Well this isn't 1987 lol. Companies are much better poisoned now and those companies in 1987 were cornered by 20 stocks. All I'm saying is they better be careful. Today are reasons why most American's would rather leave their money in the bank collecting 1% interest or under the mattress rather then in the market. You would be surprised by how many Americans couldn't even tell you the symbol for Johnson and Johnson or what the NYSE is. And I'm not joking. Plus the fact every since 911 and the market crash people refuse to invest in the market. They are billions of $$$ on the sidelines just waiting to come in to the market. And its those hedge funds that want in at cheaper prices. I'm fine with the correction as long as its done over time, not all in one day lol. I'm loving the fact you can get JNJ, THO, HON, PM and others at big discounts now. Just wish I had waited an extra 2 days haha! All good.. In 20 years it wont matter right
Well, today at open I hedged a small part of my portfolio. So, seeing as my timing is always the worst possible, now all of you can go back to enjoying the SP500 heading back to all time highs.

You're welcome guys.
V, PG, MMM
Sold DPS in my taxable account and picked up 13 shares of SBUX (initial purchase).
Sold some GM and bought some XOM. Getting ridiculously cheap now.
Sold DPS in my wife's ROTH account and bought 54 shares of O. With 154 shares now, I think I might be done buying O for a while.
Bought IMBBY full position (3% of portfolio), added to D and SO (bringing both to a full 3%). I shoulda, coulda, woulda jumped on MAIN, WBK and IRM--but I kept waiting for a better buy in...

Oh well, next time ;-)

Ronn
I bought (correction--added to existing holdings of...)

F

and

OHI
(02-06-2018, 09:52 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Well, today at open I hedged a small part of my portfolio. So, seeing as my timing is always the worst possible, now all of you can go back to enjoying the SP500 heading back to all time highs.

You're welcome guys.

As I said, you're welcome guys.

I couldn't bare to lose the cash anymore so I closed the position.. so this is the time when you start to need to worry about a downward trend again.
(02-07-2018, 11:33 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 09:52 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Well, today at open I hedged a small part of my portfolio. So, seeing as my timing is always the worst possible, now all of you can go back to enjoying the SP500 heading back to all time highs.

You're welcome guys.

As I said, you're welcome guys.

I couldn't bare to lose the cash anymore so I closed the position.. so this is the time when you start to need to worry about a downward trend again.

=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I'm going to take a few positions in some 52 week lows today. SO, APA, and O.