Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(11-30-2016, 01:15 PM)Rasec Wrote: Just looked at the market and COP is up 10%? hahaha... what's wrong with this world we live in, I could actually sell it with profit today  Big Grin Big Grin

Now we need KMI going green as well!

And BAC 50% above my basis, not bad... I just wish I had more confidence and bought more when it was trading at $13.

BAC going crazy and way extended now. These banks will all fall back and back to there normal levels. In the meantime give me MA and V while there down big.
Yes, adding to V as well over here!

And PEP under $100 starts looking good to me.
KO at new lows as well. Looks interesting.
(11-30-2016, 04:18 PM)divmenow Wrote: KO at new lows as well. Looks interesting.

KO has had 0.5% annual EPS growth over the last 4 years and has seen the payout ratio grow to ~73% of expected 2016 earnings. Growth projected by analysts are for less than 5% going forward. Hard for me to get excited about that performance no matter the price.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
added to JNJ, PG, NKE
(11-30-2016, 04:36 PM)EricL Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 04:18 PM)divmenow Wrote: KO at new lows as well. Looks interesting.

KO has had 0.5% annual EPS growth over the last 4 years and has seen the payout ratio grow to ~73% of expected 2016 earnings. Growth projected by analysts are for less than 5% going forward. Hard for me to get excited about that performance no matter the price.

Same here.  I've noticed that it's at new lows, but I'm just not excited about it anymore.  I'll hold it, but I'll take the dividends and put them somewhere that's growing.  Right now, NKE and DPS are near their lows and have more upside, I feel.
(12-01-2016, 09:50 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 04:36 PM)EricL Wrote:

Same here.  I've noticed that it's at new lows, but I'm just not excited about it anymore.  I'll hold it, but I'll take the dividends and put them somewhere that's growing.  Right now, NKE and DPS are near their lows and have more upside, I feel.

I continue to hold my KO as well, but can't say I'm all that excited about it. Have been considering swapping it out for MO.
Can someone explain the drivers for V and MA? whats driving them down when all other financials are up?
(12-01-2016, 11:21 AM)Rasec Wrote: Can someone explain the drivers for V and MA? whats driving them down when all other financials are up?

Possible explanation is that they are actually considered Tech stocks, not financials. 

Maybe selling off with the sector due to inclusion in ETF's?

V is a top 10 holding in the XLK and VGT for example, while not in the top ten member in the XLF or VFH.
(12-01-2016, 11:21 AM)Rasec Wrote: Can someone explain the drivers for V and MA? whats driving them down when all other financials are up?

Yeah makes no sense on V and MA. These stock should be hitting new highs and meanwhile they keep driving up these small banks to 10 year highs. Both V and MA are in drivers seat going forward if people are spending money and the holiday traffic is at a 5 year high. I keep adding at these levels on both.
I like that explanation that they might be the baby thrown away with the bathwater, makes sense, I can't find any other reasons as well.

yeah... I'll keep adding V as long as it keeps falling.
Anyone buying REITs at these levels? Should we avoid them at all costs?