Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(06-30-2020, 07:35 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 12:37 PM)In saimash Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 12:01 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 10:32 AM)kblake Wrote: Took new positions in BDX and SCHW

Good levels to get into SCHW. $32 great support.

I'm in as well.

Bought a few bios and AFL, DUK and MDT

MKC New highs today. Man one of my fav holdings. But valuations is becomingomi9ng a concern.
Good Buy on MDT... I know for a fact that the company is in good hands and will bounce back soon.
Regarding the BIOS, could you mention which ones in particular did you purchase today.
I'm also thinking of biting the bullet and grabbing some BDX today.
I bought BNTX, HRTX, ATRC and BVHN

Also just added to INO in the pre-market at $28.10. This is one company I feel really good about moving forward. They just had great results and it’s down as the shorts are playing games before the the next leg up.  

Also looking to get back into TBIO after just selling last week at $28. SNY has a big stake in this company. When I sold it was too good to pass up from getting in at $12. But now that it’s come down it’s to my liking.  

Bios is the only sector I buy when it comes to specs. Coming from a science major I have always had a big interest in the field. IBB is doing very well. Wish I had bought a lot more in March.

I will have to look into those.  In regards to INO. I just read that news. Looks very promising. I own at much lower levels but I may add as well.

IIPR just took a position in that.
Generated some decent income today selling puts in BP RDS.b D DUK WY JNJ PFE MO OLN Sold covered calls in UPS and USB.

I remain mostly defensive for now. I'll find something to buy with the option premium cash on the next dip. Some stocks near my buy range, but not quite there.
Added DUK, AFL, PFE and NEE

New position in APD

Sold out of AAPL and TWLO

The rotation will go back into value right lol
(06-30-2020, 01:20 PM)stockguru Wrote: Added DUK, AFL, PFE and NEE

New position in APD

Sold out of AAPL and TWLO

The rotation will go back into value right lol

We don't know what week, but yes it very likely will.  There is just too much going on for the market to not get scared soon enough.  Then I'll start buying QQQ again.  Smile

Sold a couple more T puts just now.  The Guru told me to buy T when it's below 30 and it's good advice.  If it drops much lower I'll add more long shares to make sure I am overweight so I don't miss out.  My put sales almost always expire worthless down here but the quick income is nice.
I have been adding to my UTES today. Added ED and more DUK.

Like Fenders I have been loading up on the defensive stocks. Florida and Texas scare me right now with a second wave of Covid already here. I feel another shut down coming. They continue to bid up Tech stocks are most are trading at historic valuations. My bet is that investor will go back to dividend in the next few weeks to months.

T good buy, but I don't add unless its under $29 lol

I cant blame you for selling AAPL Guru. That was a nice gain for you!
(06-30-2020, 02:12 PM)divmenow Wrote: I have been adding to my UTES today. Added ED and more DUK.

Like Fenders I have been loading up on the defensive stocks. Florida and Texas scare me right now with a second wave of Covid already here. I feel another shut down coming. They continue to bid up Tech stocks are most are trading at historic valuations. My bet is that investor will go back to dividend in the next few weeks to months.

T good buy, but I don't add unless its under $29 lol

I cant blame you for selling AAPL Guru. That was a nice gain for you!
I aim for the same entry with T.  When it gets under 30 I sell puts from 27- 29 strike.  I have one expiring most every week and open a new one.  The option premium far exceeds the dividend so I try to forget it if T launches without me.  I try to keep a few hundred shares long all the time unless it runs really high because I want some of that high div.  When it gets around 35 I am selling calls and trimming.  It usually works out well enough.

I don't even think this is the second wave of Covid yet.  It just took some time for it to migrate around the country.  When the bars opened here I just knew what was coming because I expected that foolishness was nationwide.  Throw in some protest crowds and vacations and here we are.  I feel better being defensive.  If it all goes to hell you can sell out for a 15% loss and buy some blue chip growth that was crushed double that or more.  I hate taking a loss but sometimes it makes sense.  The other choice yields .5% if you're lucky. That doesn't work for me.
Somebody convince why I should buy ED. Divemenow is not the only one that owns it here. I hold about six UTEs at all times. They seem to offer more growth potential with a very reliable dividend.
Sold most WFC today around 30% loss in anticipation of dividend cut. I knew I got in for the wrong reason (chasing yield). Another lesson learned for me.
(06-30-2020, 03:58 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: Sold most WFC today around 30% loss in anticipation of dividend cut. I knew I got in for the wrong reason (chasing yield). Another lesson learned for me.

You aren't alone, I added recently as well.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(06-30-2020, 03:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Somebody convince why I should buy ED. Divemenow is not the only one that owns it here. I hold about six UTEs at all times. They seem to offer more growth potential with a very reliable dividend.

ED isn't the highest yield, or the highest growth, or the best valuation, but it is a very good company.

41 years of dividend growth, solid A- credit rating, reasonable ~70% payout ratio, 4.25% yield.

Not going to get you rich quick, but probably won't give you heartburn either. That's worth something in this market.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(06-30-2020, 04:08 PM)EricL Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 03:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Somebody convince why I should buy ED.  Divemenow is not the only one that owns it here.  I hold about six UTEs at all times.  They seem to offer more growth potential with a very reliable dividend.

ED isn't the highest yield, or the highest growth, or the best valuation, but it is a very good company.

41 years of dividend growth, solid A- credit rating, reasonable ~70% payout ratio, 4.25% yield.

Not going to get you rich quick, but probably won't give you heartburn either. That's worth something in this market.
No heartburn is worth something for sure.  I'll keep it on the radar.  Someday all the UTEs will dip for more than a week.  None of them are particularly undervalued for a long time now.
And selling a UPS covered call turns out to be a bad call a few hours later. I had no idea FEDEX was reporting last night. Good thing I stole the UPS shares in the low 90s because I am probably going to leave a few points on the table again.

I'll look for a new hedge soon, but I won't be buying SPY puts. Maybe sell TLT put instead.