Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Me too. Just bought WSM. Great minds think alike lol
(07-14-2017, 09:32 AM)divmenow Wrote: Me too. Just bought WSM. Great minds think alike lol
I don't see the appeal on WSM. Overpriced kitchen ware seems ripe for "Amazoning" out of business.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
(07-17-2017, 11:18 AM)navyasw02 Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 09:32 AM)divmenow Wrote: Me too. Just bought WSM. Great minds think alike lol
I don't see the appeal on WSM. Overpriced kitchen ware seems ripe for "Amazoning" out of business.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Then I guess you don't know the company all that well lol. AMZN will never be able to be in the furniture or kitchen biz. You can't buy that stuff on-line anyway. You have to go the store and look at it. WSM is more then just kitchen items lol. Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn kids do very well. Everyone who has tried to get into WSM business, but has failed. This company is one of the few bright spots in retail. Great growth, no debt and a great dividend. You snooze you lose sorry lol
I recently looked into WSM but decided not to buy it. It's great that over 50% of their revenue come from online, being 21st largest online retailer, 12+ years of dividend growth and they don't have any debt.
But last quarterly report shows they are getting stagnant. They won't go bankrupt due to amazon but they will lose market share. They thought people will never buy clothing online but look at where the retailers are now. I don't think furniture or kitchen items are much difference.

The uncertainty of WSM still alive and thriving in next 20 years is final reason why I decided not to go ahead.
(07-17-2017, 12:46 PM)divmenow Wrote: AMZN will never be able to be in the furniture or kitchen biz. You can't buy that stuff on-line anyway. You have to go the store and look at it.

(07-17-2017, 06:15 PM)peachday Wrote: I recently looked into WSM but decided not to buy it. It's great that over 50% of their revenue come from online

something doesn't add up hahaha.

But that clothing thing is so true, I never thought people would buy clothes online. You don't just have to look at it in a store, you have to try it on. Yet, people are buying clothes online. I also thought it would be similar with food, that people would prefer to go to the grocery store themselves. But apparently that isn't the case either.
(07-18-2017, 02:53 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:46 PM)divmenow Wrote: AMZN will never be able to be in the furniture or kitchen biz. You can't buy that stuff on-line anyway. You have to go the store and look at it.

(07-17-2017, 06:15 PM)peachday Wrote: I recently looked into WSM but decided not to buy it. It's great that over 50% of their revenue come from online

But that clothing thing is so true, I never thought people would buy clothes online. You don't just have to look at it in a store, you have to try it on. Yet, people are buying clothes online. I also thought it would be similar with food, that people would prefer to go to the grocery store themselves. But apparently that isn't the case either.
This world is becoming lazy lol. Everyone wants to buy on line and have it come to you. This is why most Americans are over weight lol. For god sakes walk around the store and get some exercise lol . My personally would never buy food or clothes on line. If I want something, I want it that day and not have to rely on someone to ship it to me and take 2 days. Everyone wants to join the hype. Sooner or later someone else will figure it out. They always do.
(07-18-2017, 10:22 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(07-18-2017, 02:53 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

This world is becoming lazy lol. Everyone wants to buy on line and have it come to you. This is why most Americans are over weight lol. For god sakes walk around the store and get some exercise lol . My personally would never buy food or clothes on line. If I want something, I want it that day and not have to rely on someone to ship it to me and take 2 days. Everyone wants to join the hype. Sooner or later someone else will figure it out. They always do.
Folks, i don't mean to scare you but you are forgetting that the world is not what you think/know but what the numbers tell you!

Nothing beats buying clothes online, i do it all the time. Same with groceries. It's super convenient!
I only buy clothes on-line if they are out of it in the store. I would never buy clothes on Amazon because most of it is junk and not real unless its from a real store selling on Amazon. And I dont want the hassle of having to return it. At least if I buy on American Eagle or stores like that I can return in the mall. I never bought food on Amazon because I prefer to buy from local stores in my area. Amazon has enough money already lol. But most supermarkets in my area like Giant do deliver right your door. So Amazon does have some competition in the food industry. Maybe I'm just pissed because I should have bought AMZN stock long ago haha!
T seems to be at a 52 week low so I'll use up the rest of my "purchase budget" for this month and grab some T today.
I added MCK in the pre-market today just under $93. I took advantage of the $4 drop and liked the acquisition.
Bought that T and also added a couple shares of HON. I think HON is a bit too expensive right now but I haven't added to my position in a long time so it was time, I'm fairly certain that in 10 or 20 years I'll look at $135 and decide it was a good buy even if it seems too expensive now.
(07-19-2017, 10:35 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Bought that T and also added a couple shares of HON. I think HON is a bit too expensive right now but I haven't added to my position in a long time so it was time, I'm fairly certain that in 10 or 20 years I'll look at $135 and decide it was a good buy even if it seems too expensive now.

Wow, T at a 5.5% yield looks great, but I'm pretty full of T.  I've owned HON for a few years and like it, just concerned about new CEO.