Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(04-19-2017, 10:30 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 06:03 AM)NilesMike Wrote: JNJ had a nice sale price yesterday.

Down another 1/2 percent today.
Will it drop much lower ?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
At year low, I jumped on some XOM

Added VZ, JNJ, IBM and looking into CAH/T
(04-21-2017, 04:15 PM)chascornell Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 10:30 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 06:03 AM)NilesMike Wrote: JNJ had a nice sale price yesterday.

Down another 1/2 percent today.
Will it drop much lower ?

Who knows but I did sell a 115 put for $2.50 20 OCT 17 expiration, equivalent of 3 dividend payments with downside protection to 112.50 (another 10% from here)
I bought some BDX today.. Looking to add GWW on this steep decline. It hasn't been this low in some time.
whats up with GWW? looking on charts only heading down.
(04-24-2017, 10:37 AM)billm Wrote: whats up with GWW?  looking on charts only heading down.

Earnings...they missed estimates and cut 2017 view.
(04-24-2017, 03:22 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 10:37 AM)billm Wrote: whats up with GWW?  looking on charts only heading down.

Earnings...they missed estimates and cut 2017 view.

Just like a lot of other companies that have cut views and yet there stocks are at or near 52 week highs. Wall St works in mysterious ways lol. GWW pays a nice hefty dividend and the last time it warned they ran it back up.  It's the kind of stock you get few opportunities to buy low.
Bought a lot of stuff yesterday. I hate how I had to buy them a bit more expensive due to the french election results but I simply did not have the time to make those buy decisions last week. Ohh well, these little differences mean nothing in the end but it's always nice to time your buys well rather than not so well.

So, lot's of buys. Added to my positions in RTN, WTR, JNJ, LOW and to CIBC and NVU from Canada.
(04-24-2017, 09:55 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Bought a lot of stuff yesterday. I hate how I had to buy them a bit more expensive due to the french election results but I simply did not have the time to make those buy decisions last week. Ohh well, these little differences mean nothing in the end but it's always nice to time your buys well rather than not so well.

So, lot's of buys. Added to my positions in RTN, WTR, JNJ, LOW and to CIBC and NVU from Canada.

I like the RTN buy.. Hoping to add as well and may get that chance with LMT disappointing today! LOW has been on fire. How about MCD? Got to say never expected that stock to do so well.
(04-25-2017, 07:54 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 09:55 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Bought a lot of stuff yesterday. I hate how I had to buy them a bit more expensive due to the french election results but I simply did not have the time to make those buy decisions last week. Ohh well, these little differences mean nothing in the end but it's always nice to time your buys well rather than not so well.

I like the RTN buy.. Hoping to add as well and may get that chance with LMT disappointing today! LOW has been on fire. How about MCD? Got to say never expected that stock to do so well.

It feels so horrible buying more RTN at these prices though, it feels like such a big psychological barrier to buy at these prices. RTN was actually the first foreign stock I owned, back then it was somewhere around $80. And it's been my largest foreign holding ever since, and also the largest overall holding for years already.

But even at these prices, I feel like it's a great buy. They have a very solid business and I believe they are heading in the right direction when it comes to the technologies they are focusing on.
I bought some IBM today. How can you not with a dividend of $1.50 now and a yield of 3.5. Tech could be the leader of this market and IBM hopefully will take part in that.