Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-26-2017, 11:19 PM)kh137 Wrote: On Friday 2/24, added to my VFC position

There are very few buys in the market with such a run-up. To me the best buy in the market right now is QCOM. I added this morning.
(02-27-2017, 10:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 11:19 PM)kh137 Wrote: On Friday 2/24, added to my VFC position

There are very few buys in the market with such a run-up. To me the best buy in the market right now is QCOM. I added this morning.

I decided to buy TGT down $10 this morning at $57. Figured with a 4% dividend yield I can wait it out until they turn it around.
picked up TGT @ $57.95
This is the first part of my consolidation process. I'm getting rid of a couple of old companies, mainly because I'm not happy with a falling EPS, especially when I don't see a turn for the better coming anytime soon. This was the first to go and there will likely be 1-2 others in the coming months.

Sold Boardwalk REIT. 80% of the proceeds went to buy more CIBC, 20% to NVU.UN.

The latter is also a Canadian REIT and has been struggling but I still see some hope there. The merger last year was good and they have more or less weathered the storm so far (regarding their earnings, which are down yoy but not by that much) and they offer higher yield with a significantly lower payout ratio. In fact, even with the recent difficulties, their payout ratio is very low for a REIT.
Bought AYR yesterday.
Picked up VLO at 68.91 today.

Getting a nice collection of utils.
VLO 4.3%
ED   3.59%
DUK 4.15%
NEE  3.02%
LNT  3.21%
Ave 3.65%

Next on the buy list SO
I bought some DIN. Wow this stock is cheap now. PE of 9 and yield of over 7% now. I love Applebees. Good time to get in while new CEO fixes the problems.
hahaha, love seeing VLO listed as an utility!
(03-01-2017, 04:03 PM)Rasec Wrote: hahaha, love seeing VLO listed as an utility!

Opps my bad I was reading about utilities. Meant Energy.
More GIS @ 3.2%

Been buying KO, XOM, VZ in brokerage

and VZ, WPC, and OHI in Roth. 

All together it should add another $500 in annual income from these 5 purchases.
Pooled dividends put to work in some XOM.

Anyone have an opinion on LB?
(03-07-2017, 10:42 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Pooled dividends put to work in some XOM.

Anyone have an opinion on LB?

I also added a little XOM today. I would stay away from all retail. I bought TGT last week but anything mall related will not recover any time soon.