Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Sold DBD today due to their div cut and bought OHI
(11-17-2016, 10:55 AM)divmenow Wrote: I took a position in GE today. I think it will do very well under Trump. There in the right space.

The first stock I bought was GE (200 shares@23.16 on 4-09-13). GE is one of the stocks that I reinvest dividends.
I usually take cash to start another position. (Others include INTC, O, KMI, BMY, and WFC).
I kind of ignore them and let them DRIP, DRIP, DRIP.
One always remembers the first one. Hope it does well for us!
A little add to my position in Bell Canada. (reinvesting some dividends in CAD)

I'm loving it now that the snowball effect has more or less begun. Smile
Got access to some fresh money and decided to put it to work, bought: OHI, SO, DUK, NKE, KO, ABT, DIS, VZ, VTR. All positions I had and aren't doing particularly well.
(11-21-2016, 11:41 AM)Rasec Wrote: Got access to some fresh money and decided to put it to work, bought: OHI, SO, DUK, NKE, KO, ABT, DIS, VZ, VTR. All positions I had and aren't doing particularly well.

And bought more JNJ today as well, also opened a small position on Visa.
(11-22-2016, 12:29 PM)Rasec Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 11:41 AM)Rasec Wrote: Got access to some fresh money and decided to put it to work, bought: OHI, SO, DUK, NKE, KO, ABT, DIS, VZ, VTR. All positions I had and aren't doing particularly well.

And bought more JNJ today as well, also opened a small position on Visa.

Nice work. Doing your Black Friday shopping a little early eh? =)
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Yes!  Smile

Now I need to sit tight for a bit as I've reduced my cash position from 20% to <10%. I want it to be back to ~20% just in case Q1 2017 turns out to be as ugly as this year was.
For November: I bought a 1/2 position in T @36.50, giving me a full position now (should have gone all in last year when I got my first 1/2 at $32...but live and learn). Averaged down in PGX until I had a full position (but the fund now sits below my average purchase price). And bought a full position in EXR @ $70. And finally I added some OHI @ $29.50 and HFC at $22.95. A few falling knives in there, but save for EXR they'll all long term holds, so I'm happy.
Added more NKE near 52 week lows

Bought NKE, RGR, and ABBV today. Thinking of selling my banks here after the big runup.
Added J&J and Glaxo
Just looked at the market and COP is up 10%? hahaha... what's wrong with this world we live in, I could actually sell it with profit today  Big Grin Big Grin

Now we need KMI going green as well!

And BAC 50% above my basis, not bad... I just wish I had more confidence and bought more when it was trading at $13.