Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Initiated a 150 share position in RAI.
Pack of Camel Blues please.
Initiated a position in DIS, ABT and a small speculative position in BAC, and I ACD my VLO position (I was 14% down).

$5k in total put to (hopefully) good use.

I bought ADM about 4 months ago and I'm 43% up, I keep thinking I should sell it, then I remind myself the strategy is to hold everything for the long term, but it's hard to resist.
Anyone planning to buy anything on this panic sell in the Finance sector?

Everyone's been extremelly quiet lately.
(06-03-2016, 10:32 AM)Rasec Wrote: Anyone planning to buy anything on this panic sell in the Finance sector?

I am tempted to pick up some of the insurance companies that fell today.  PRU was already cheap before todays 3% drop.
(06-03-2016, 10:32 AM)Rasec Wrote: Anyone planning to buy anything on this panic sell in the Finance sector?

Personally I'm all out of cash so no, won't be buying much. Might grab a couple shares of WFC with the dividends I'll get later on in the month but that's about it.

My portfolio is severely lacking in financials, so I've been thinking about it, but I don't know if the time is right for me, or if any of them look all that attractive, even with the pullback. Perhaps I could go and add some WFC, but not convinced just yet. Also have been eyeing AFL for a while, but it seems too high at the moment.
A good read on the topic:

http://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com...investing/
i bought some shares in SBUX,i have been averaging down my price on them.
Have considered adding to my AMP position with next available cash, but otherwise I am not too hot on financials right now. Between low rates and high regulations, it just seems that banks are struggling to grow earnings much in this environment.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(06-04-2016, 11:42 PM)EricL Wrote: Have considered adding to my AMP position with next available cash, but otherwise I am not too hot on financials right now. Between low rates and high regulations, it just seems that banks are struggling to grow earnings much in this environment.

High regulations should actually serve to keep out new entrants as competition, similar to the tobacco companies.

For example if XYZ Internet bank wants to go into business, they will have to spend millions and millions of dollars on compliance etc. which will make it too costly..Should benefit the incumbents.
Bought BUD, CVS and PFE for my IRA this morning! On watch list is GILD and PCG
Taking my own advice (buy when a company hits your "buy" price), I picked up 380 shares of HFC when the divvy hit 5%--and then a nice little bounce up.

Ronn