Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I know, I know. I just said that there aren't many good deals out there. But TSL still looks attractive so I increased my position and I grabbed a few shares of BCE since I had some CAD to reinvest.
Sold off IRC as the stupid management decided to agree on an underpriced merger. As the institutional ownership is close to 80% and I cannot imagine the management jumping into this without consulting the largest shareholders first, I'm definitely expecting it to go through. So might as well get the cash out now.

Part of that was thrown into RTN. A really small part was used to average down on PBT and the majority of it is now sitting as cash waiting for some better opportunities.
(03-21-2016, 12:55 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Sold off IRC as the stupid management decided to agree on an underpriced merger.

Speaking of mergers, how does everyone feel about Royal Dutch Shell's merger with BG Group?  Seems like they're overpaying to me.
(03-22-2016, 09:56 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 12:55 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Sold off IRC as the stupid management decided to agree on an underpriced merger.

Speaking of mergers, how does everyone feel about Royal Dutch Shell's merger with BG Group?  Seems like they're overpaying to me.

I've only seen the headlines -- what makes you think they're overpaying?
(03-25-2016, 06:32 PM)Kerim Wrote:

Simply put, their price assumptions when they announced the deal were higher (i.e. they thought oil would be higher than it is now). But, I'm still happy with the pivot to natural gas. Good to have a nice foothold as the boom comes on.
(03-27-2016, 04:54 PM)Dividendsrule Wrote:
(03-25-2016, 06:32 PM)Kerim Wrote:

Simply put, their price assumptions when they announced the deal were higher (i.e. they thought oil would be higher than it is now). But, I'm still happy with the pivot to natural gas. Good to have a nice foothold as the boom comes on.

Exactly, DividendsRule.  They made their assumptions and pitch when oil & other commodity prices were much higher.  Now that it's lower, BG's value should be lower, but RDS is still paying the same price.
(03-09-2016, 03:38 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 10:04 AM)divmenow Wrote: I bought XOM today. Love the chart and think it goes to $95. I should have pulled the trigger at $77 when I first wanted to buy.

Nice.

It's funny -- I bought my XOM in maybe ten different purchases, and my average price is right about $83. So we're almost in the same position, but you did it without all the drama...

lol...This one had me laughing pretty good!!

I'm trying to cut out all the drama by building up cash reserves in my brokerage and ROTH accounts. Until then, I'm giving all the drama a break.
Adding to DIS and BP. Love both of them at these levels.
(03-29-2016, 08:49 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Adding to DIS and BP.  Love both of them at these levels.

Bought 100shares of SE just for the Halibut. I buy a few shares when it gets below $30.
(03-29-2016, 06:20 PM)kayboy Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 08:49 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Adding to DIS and BP.  Love both of them at these levels.

Bought 100shares of SE just for the Halibut. I buy a few shares when it gets below $30.

Why not, why not. I've taken a liking to SE myself. 

Thanks for the push on DIS and BP.

BP's new wind farms in the US are interesting. I like pivots to energy diversification.
A bit of WFC (new investment for me)
(03-27-2016, 04:54 PM)Dividendsrule Wrote: Simply put, their price assumptions when they announced the deal were higher (i.e. they thought oil would be higher than it is now). But, I'm still happy with the pivot to natural gas. Good to have a nice foothold as the boom comes on.

Can you expand on this please?