Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Got some Gild earlier to acd, got close to a full position on it now.

Btw, I forgot to say I bought ADM on a GTC at $30 on the 20 and 9 days after I'm almost 20% up! That puts a smile on my face!
(01-29-2016, 05:01 PM)Rasec Wrote: Got some Gild earlier to acd, got close to a full position on it now.

Btw, I forgot to say I bought ADM on a GTC at $30 on the 20 and 9 days after I'm almost 20% up! That puts a smile on my face!

Very nice! Considering the 52-week low is $29.86 it looks like you caught the bottom pretty well!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(01-29-2016, 05:11 PM)EricL Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 05:01 PM)Rasec Wrote: Got some Gild earlier to acd, got close to a full position on it now.

Very nice! Considering the 52-week low is $29.86 it looks like you caught the bottom pretty well!
I generally create GTC at really low ball offers just in case the market goes nuts and I'm not at my computer. Learnt the hard way in the August sell off that it pays off to be ready.
Had a couple hundred CAD of dividends to reinvest so I grabbed a tiny batch of CM.TO. (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce)
I bough NSC and LOW today. I have a good feeling the rails have bottomed here. I also bought CMI, TKR and MAT on Monday. So I'm very happy with my latest purchases.

On my watch list to buy are LLY, BDX, MRK and COH
Any opinions on AXP at these prices?

Sporting a 2.2% dividend yield currently.
Considering DIS, AXP, BAC, and GILD today. Any opinions?
(02-09-2016, 09:59 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Considering DIS, AXP, BAC, and GILD today.  Any opinions?

I added to my Dis position today along with T. Was happy to get T down almost a $1 today. Anyone buying Gold stocks. They have been hot the last week.
(02-09-2016, 09:59 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Considering DIS, AXP, BAC, and GILD today.  Any opinions?

Here are my thoughts, for whatever they are worth.

I would get interested in DIS around $85.

Prefer V to AXP even with a lower yield as it has shown a much better growth rate and has higher credit rating.

I prefer WFC to BAC due to higher quality, higher yield, and more consistency in growth.

I like GILD here, and just bought more today with my investment club.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Why are healthcare REITs dropping so badly today? HCP, HCN and VTR?
(02-09-2016, 11:11 AM)Rasec Wrote: Why are healthcare REITs dropping so badly today? HCP, HCN and VTR?

Weak guidance from HCP, BKD and MPW
http://seekingalpha.com/news/3092716-hea...t-guidance

Theres some interesting commentary by Brad Thomas in the comment section of this article.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3876836-...healthcare
Just picked up a few shares of OHI to average down my cost. 8.3 percent yield -- yikes.