Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Took a new position in AXP this morning. After the runs from PYPL, SQ, and DFS this stock looks cheap lol
Nothing catching my eye today. I think I am going to start accumulating a little cash for the upcoming earnings season. That should present a few true long-term buying opportunities. I have about a dozen puts that will likely expire worthless next week so I should be ready to shop.
While I am also not seeing any great deals out there right now, I still threw in tiny amount of change towards HON and BIP.
I'm also hoping this earnings season will provide us with some better opportunities.
(07-07-2020, 12:00 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: While I am also not seeing any great deals out there right now, I still threw in tiny amount of change towards HON and BIP.
I'm also hoping this earnings season will provide us with some better opportunities.
I believe it will.  A few blue chips are bound to blow earnings and shake things up some.  I sold another put in KO and T today.  I have my eye on CAT.  I traded the last big dip for several industrials and looking for a long-term entry soon.
Added to LHX under $169. One of the few bargains in the market. This stock is moving up in my top 10 lol

Look at APD goooo. Up $16 today. My favorite holding lol
I know someone bought a few months back. But OLN looks like a nice buy at this $11 price. It will take patience but the stock could double over the next 2 years.
(05-07-2020, 11:15 AM)kblake Wrote: bought WFC, GD, FRT, MO, PM and BRK.B

I'm still holding 48% cash for other opportunities

(07-07-2020, 03:07 PM)divmenow Wrote: I know someone bought a few months back. But OLN looks like a nice buy at this $11 price. It will take patience but the stock could double over the next 2 years.
I hold some and trade some. Reliable div player chem industry sucks for now. Also own Winchester  ammo and gun stuff but it's a small part of oln game.
Sold out of TXN, DFS, MCO and trimmed FB

Put proceeds into APD, LIN, LHX and PNC
(07-08-2020, 09:55 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of TXN, DFS, MCO and trimmed FB

I like the positions. APD has been a horse. Its probably going to $300 with that new deal it reached yesterday. I only have 8 shares but I may add more to my long term position.

Banks are very cheap here. I'm looking to buy BAC today and have a few other names on my "to buy list" like RTX, OTIS, VLO, PPL, PSX, LDOS, ORI, LMT and SCHW

Although the market has run its basically been a tech driven market So I'm finding lots of bargains still. Some I will buy today.
LHX looks really good here. Both L-T or for a trade. I am going to add a little today. I am already in pretty deep about $10 higher. I think we are experiencing some fear the DEMs will control everything soon. That may be so but the contracts are long. There is no short-term risk to their revenues compared to most companies.
(07-08-2020, 10:12 AM)kblake Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 09:55 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of TXN, DFS, MCO and trimmed FB

I like the positions. APD has been a horse. Its probably going to $300 with that new deal it reached yesterday. I only have 8 shares but I may add more to my long term position.

Banks are very cheap here. I'm looking to buy BAC today and have a few other names on my "to buy list" like RTX, OTIS, VLO, PPL, PSX, LDOS, ORI, LMT and SCHW

Although the market has run its basically been a tech driven market So I'm finding lots of bargains still. Some I will buy today.
I like the way you think. Nice buy list. OTIS has been a very goop spinoff from UTX.  VLO and PSX look very cheap here. If you have the patience you should do well.  GL
Anyone taking a bit on WBA & RTX today ?