Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Kept my moves small again today. I've accepted that most anything I do will likely look like an over-reaction within 24 HRs. I picked up a little PRU on the dip this morning. Sold a MET put. Sold a few very short-term covered calls on positions I am overweight in so I won't mind losing a 100 shares if that's how it ends. Sold a few shares of some of my industrials at the close today. I purchased a lot of those shares last week Nothing crazy as these are intended to be long term holds. Just trying to trim a little and up my cash position. I'm not paying crazy high option premiums for a true hedge so trimming just a little on huge up days is going to have to work.
(03-04-2020, 04:14 PM)kblake Wrote: Added a little BA this morning. Hoping it comes down a bit more so I can buy more. It would be nice if the dividend was 3%. Were almost there.

DIS wanted; but my order didn't fill at $115. I'm sure it will in the coming days.

Today's rally should have never happened. Why because Biden won lol. Nothing has changed. The same problems still exist out there.

This is a true bull market bounce.  It's going to ignore anything but absolute death and destruction from the flu.  When the flu wrecks earnings projections the analysts will adjust estimates down and we'll rejoice when we meet them.  Just like last year.  As I mentioned in the other thread, the politics are even more ridiculous.  The market was worried about Sanders, but two weeks before it was OK because most believed he couldn't beat Trump.  So today we rejoice the rise of Biden.  A few weeks will pass, and the polls will indicate he can possibly beat Trump.  That will probably crash the market for a minute.   Biden is Obama V2 IMO.  That didn't hurt my wallet any.  I am going to try to ignore the politics, but it will surely cause some volatility.  If Sanders is truly out of the picture, politics are now just noise to me.
Added to PFE this morning with pooled dividends.
New 52 week low for BA. Nice added a few shares to start a position.
(03-05-2020, 10:52 AM)divmenow Wrote: New 52 week low for BA. Nice added a few shares to start a position.

I'll be with you soon.  Anything aviation is a nightmare in progress.  I own plenty of related industries but not BA yet.  BA has a build backlog, and some if it will be cancelled if airline's earning go away for awhile.  BA will survive.

Picked up some more RTN on today's dip.
I'm loving all those 52 week lows I'm seeing today. Now if we can just get 3 big down days in a row that would be great lol.

CBRL and AFL are on my buy list. Just not ready to pull the trigger yet.

How about CCL and RCL Wow!! Taking them too the tool shed. DIS next since they have ships!!

I bought 1 stock today and it was GOLD lol
(03-05-2020, 12:36 PM)stockguru Wrote: I'm loving all those 52 week lows I'm seeing today. Now if we can just get 3 big down days in a row that would be great lol.

How about CCL and RCL Wow!! Taking them too the tool shed. DIS next since they have ships!!

CBRL is easy money here.  There are few things I am more positive on short-term.  I love the Nasdaq volatility.   It swings wildly even when nothing is really going on.
(03-05-2020, 01:52 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 12:36 PM)stockguru Wrote: I'm loving all those 52 week lows I'm seeing today. Now if we can just get 3 big down days in a row that would be great lol.

CBRL is easy money here.  There are few things I am more positive on short-term.  I love the Nasdaq volatility.   It swings wildly even when nothing is really going on.

Darden Restaurants (DRI) at a near 4% yield looks pretty tasty as well.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Just took a big boy position in CBRL. My gut tells me something must be going on for a SP drop like that. Well see, but I'll ride it out with a Div like that. Do your research and buy when you are scared right? I'm all in on CBRL now, not over weight but a full position.
CBRL looks tempting but no one is going to go out to eat. Too many things to catch in the food industry. But it’s on my buy list. Hoping for cheaper as is the case with DRI. Almost 4%
(03-05-2020, 02:17 PM)divmenow Wrote: CBRL looks tempting but no one is going to go out to eat. Too many things to catch in the food industry. But it’s on my buy list. Hoping for cheaper as is the case with DRI. Almost 4%

Nobody is going out to eat now?  What makes you say that? It's a US based restaurant.
(03-05-2020, 02:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 02:17 PM)divmenow Wrote: CBRL looks tempting but no one is going to go out to eat. Too many things to catch in the food industry. But it’s on my buy list. Hoping for cheaper as is the case with DRI. Almost 4%

Nobody is going out to eat now?  What makes you say that?  It's a US based restaurant.

I think it's the fear of going out and catching something. I think that's why the coranavirus is going to keep people from going out to restaurants. Already you have people getting it in NY, NJ, TN, and others. More to come and more panic

I just bought XLE LOL. I figured why not its now at 2009 levels  Big Grin