Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-02-2020, 01:19 PM)kblake Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 01:06 PM)stockguru Wrote: Bought some FDX

It may go lower but at this price I thought it was worth it.

I'm thinking whenever this virus breaks there will be a backlog of volume requiring FedEx's lift capability.

Anyone else adding to FDX?
Not a bad buy on FDX. I'm waiting to buy transports. I think this sector will continuetunie to get punished. I have UPS, FDX, DAL, UNP and NSC on my buy list. I'm just not readt to pull the trigger yet.

On a side note. I'm ahead on XOM. Maybe I should sell now  Big Grin 

TD was one of the stocks I bought.
You're ahead on oil for a day?  You've won the lottery lol.  Seriously it's good to see oil prices bounce a little.  It makes no sense but I'll take it lol.  I sold a covered call on a very small part of my BP today.  That should be good for a 10% spike in oil tomorrow.
(03-02-2020, 01:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I think the market may be anticipating a rate cut, because that will cure a virus for sure.  Smile

I read a news that said something along the lines of "95% of analysts are expecting a 50 points rate cut in March".
It will cure the virus for sure, also free money will definitely help companies to invest more when no one is buying, the workers aren't coming to work etc. 

The central banks, definitely not only FED but they are the main culprit in my eyes, are just way too focused on keeping the markets going uphill. It's not even one of their jobs but a lot of their effort in the past recent years have been directly related to keeping the bull market going. Anytime there is the slightest -5% drop, everyone is calling the FED to step in and lower rates. And unbelievably, most of the time they have done that.
(03-02-2020, 08:59 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 01:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I think the market may be anticipating a rate cut, because that will cure a virus for sure.  Smile

I read a news that said something along the lines of "95% of analysts are expecting a 50 points rate cut in March".
It will cure the virus for sure, also free money will definitely help companies to invest more when no one is buying, the workers aren't coming to work etc. 

The central banks, definitely not only FED but they are the main culprit in my eyes, are just way too focused on keeping the markets going uphill. It's not even one of their jobs but a lot of their effort in the past recent years have been directly related to keeping the bull market going. Anytime there is the slightest -5% drop, everyone is calling the FED to step in and lower rates. And unbelievably, most of the time they have done that.

Seriously it's like the FED hangs out on the 200 DMA and guards it like a goalie.  We are going to pay for it if the whole world goes to zero interest.  I think they could wait a few weeks to drop rates, but I doubt they do.  Our FED Chief gets pressured by a lot of influential people.  He resists briefly, then he does as he is instructed.  That is not how it used to work.  I love a bull market like anyone else, but I don't want to pay for it with a 3+ year meltdown either.
BA looking interesting at these levels. I'm thinking about adding a few shares today. Anyone like these levels?

In got MMM as well. Looks to be bottoming and those masks are in high demand.
3M masks are good PR but won't move the
earnings needle. Just one of 10000 skus. I do want to add some shares.
(03-03-2020, 12:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote: 3M masks are good PR but won't move the earnings needle. Just one of 10000 skus. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.
(03-03-2020, 12:50 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 12:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote: 3M masks are good PR but won't move the earnings needle. Just one of 10000 skus. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I hope nobody mistakenly interprets my comments for 3M bashing.  Great company.  I was trying to build a position when the mask hype started running the stock up when the market was falling.  I sold my shares on that spike and even shorted the stock for an hour or so.  I just missed nibbling some shares at the close today on a limit order by about 15 cents.  I'll try again in the morning. I have no delusions their next few quarters will be anything but mediocre.  I think it is a top ten aristocrat to own for ten years if you enter anytime soon.  They have disappointed the market so many quarters and have a floor under the shares.  I'm confident I am not going to wake up to bad 3M news and see an instant down 20% stock quote.  I have no such confidence for some of the others that haven't pulled back meaningfully.

I added a few shares of ADM today on a low ball limit order I place a few days ago.  Started a position in DOW.  I am grabbing a few shares of the high div blue chips for as long as this lasts.
Strongly considering averaging down on my PRU.  The drop in interest rates will cause them some distress but the SP has really pulled back.  Thoughts anyone?
I agree transport is going to get punished more. Waiting for UPS to come below $80. I sold bunch of positions I opened last week. I'm total sold NOC, PFR, CAH, RTN and closed 1 call I opened yesterday for 10% profit. Sold the call too soon.

Opened up some puts on s&p as a hedge.
First position in EPR today. In the past few days initiated a position in CVX, EV, MTB too, added CM, BNS, TD, OMC, VTR, WBA, EMN, MMM. Almost bought more BEN, but it skyrocketed
(03-04-2020, 10:54 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Strongly considering averaging down on my PRU.  The drop in interest rates will cause them some distress but the SP has really pulled back.  Thoughts anyone?

I should do that as well, the yield is off its historical range
Added a little BA this morning. Hoping it comes down a bit more so I can buy more. It would be nice if the dividend was 3%. Were almost there.

DIS wanted; but my order didn't fill at $115. I'm sure it will in the coming days.

Today's rally should have never happened. Why because Biden won lol. Nothing has changed. The same problems still exist out there.