Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I'm getting slightly concerned and upset with KMI. :S
CM.TO and a tiny slice of BEI.UN before the Q3 report is released. (today after close)
Also T is getting pretty damn close to my limit order so that might be happening soon.
Yeah just keep nibbling on the usual suspect here, a little more KMI, a little more HCP a little more VTR...You just keep buying through the snowstorm. This is all crankiness due to the Fed and interest rate fears, compounded with the supposedly warm winter (natural gas and pipelines) and supposed oil "glut". This too shall pass, I'm holding my nose and buying
Bought 14 shares of XOM @ 78 dollars a share
Xom at 4%+ yield? Yes please!
picked up a 1/4 position in XOM at $72.50--should have purchased a 1/2.

But I think we all thought the "flash crash" wouldn't be such a flash... Undecided

Ronn
Sold KMB in both mine and my wife's portfolios, due to the high and increasing debt to equity ratio. Put the proceeds into MAA for myself and CPT for my wife. I am putting a long term focus on apartment REITs and railroads. I agree with people thinking oil price will rise. I believe these areas have more potential due to concern with earnings recovery at oil companies.
Railroads...Yep, there seems to be a versatility to railroads. They can transport intermodal, oil, anything you want...What are you buying in the railroads? Usual suspects, NSC CSX UNP?
(11-14-2015, 09:53 PM)Dividendsrule Wrote: Railroads...Yep, there seems to be a versatility to railroads. They can transport intermodal, oil, anything you want...What are you buying in the railroads? Usual suspects, NSC CSX UNP?

Yes. These are the railroad stocks I am buying. Currently, UNP is the best buy.
Nice. Good call. I'm seeing good value with UNP too.
Can't believe I'm saying this:

Re-initiated a position in IBM.

Considering pulling the trigger on TGT and QCOM but there are a lot of "buts" in consideration... I would be opening 2 new positions.
(11-17-2015, 11:16 AM)rapidacid Wrote: Can't believe I'm saying this:

Re-initiated a position in IBM.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all at these levels.