Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(09-28-2015, 06:29 PM)jim Wrote: It's been very quiet on this thread, no one buying anything? I added to ETP position today when the yield went above 10% (it was 2008 when this happened).

I think we all got fully invested, which caused the market to correct and everything to go on sale.
This is probably one of those 10-15 percent corrections we used to have. Except for energy, earnings from other sectors are expected to rise nicely. This could be a China induced event but then I've never put any weight on those numbers they came up with for that part of the world. Or we simply just need to have a re-test of the August's low to keep those cnbc traders happySmile
Bought more BBL. Going to initiate GILD this week as well.
It looks like I also picked up some BBL today. Also picked up some more MU.
Nibbled on some more KMI, otherwise sort of watching...I guess we are retesting the August lows. Wondering if we go down further. I guess those are the two camps, one says we recover because no recession and low interest rates, one says we are descending into a bear market. I think choppy market for some weeks and then big recovery. We'll see....
Initiated a position in WLK

(09-29-2015, 09:00 AM)rapidacid Wrote: Initiated a position in WLK
Interesting company, had never heard of it.
(09-29-2015, 09:25 AM)Rasec Wrote:

Likewise. Never heard of this company but just glancing at the overall financials - looks solid. Will definitely be diving into this in details over the weekend. Thx for sharing
I've seen WLK too, was going to buy some last year. The yield seems very low, yes? I didn't take the plunge for whatever reason, got LYB instead.
Amazing dividend growth with WLK...That's for sure.
(09-29-2015, 11:03 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 09:25 AM)Rasec Wrote:

Likewise. Never heard of this company but just glancing at the overall financials - looks solid. Will definitely be diving into this in details over the weekend. Thx for sharing

Be careful. It has a history of big swings in earnings and analysts are projecting growth to slow down. If I'm investing in a cyclical, I need much more than a 1.5% yield to do it.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I refrained from adding more KMI yesterday and today as I already have a full position... I added to ETP position again today when the yield went above 11 percent.
GILD yesterday. After months of waiting finally got in at a price I liked.