Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Baseball Thread!!!
(10-24-2021, 06:03 AM)dusterdude Wrote: Braves all the way!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

You must be ecstatic this morning.

My condolences divmenow.
Congrats Duster!
Congratulations Duster. Great series.
Now that the season is over, I guess I will have to play some APBA baseball to get my baseball fix during the winter months.
E-Rod just signed with the Tigers. I'm heartbroken.
(11-15-2021, 12:39 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: E-Rod just signed with the Tigers.  I'm heartbroken.

Why are you heartbroken? 77 Million for a guy who had almost a 5 ERA. NTY. You should be happy  Big Grin

Yes I know baseball. I know hard to believe for a women  Big Grin
(11-15-2021, 04:01 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 12:39 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: E-Rod just signed with the Tigers.  I'm heartbroken.

Why are you heartbroken? 77 Million for a guy who had almost a 5 ERA. NTY. You should be happy  Big Grin

Yes I know baseball. I know hard to believe for a women  Big Grin

The 5 ERA is deceiving.  In 2019 he bloomed into a star.  2020 was a lost season due to myocarditis from covid.  2021 was his recovery year.  He was clearly pitching better by the end of the season.  I fully expect him to win 16-18 games a season for much of that contract.
Eric

What's your take on the Buxton signing? I am going to remain positive and hope for a few 120 game seasons early in the contract. Nobody is more exciting but it's risky.
(12-11-2021, 07:33 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Eric

What's your take on the Buxton signing?  I am going to remain positive and hope for a few 120 game seasons early in the contract.  Nobody is more exciting but it's risky.

I was ecstatic when I heard the news, as I was worried they would cheap out and trade him for prospects like they did with Berrios.

Buxton has been injured often, but most have been freak deals that weren't really his fault. When he plays he's a top 5 player in the league, and at just 27 years old, he's entering his prime. If he puts together a full year, he'd be worth three times this deal on the open market.

He's a great player, a great person, and loves being in Minnesota. He's the type of player you can build a championship team around, much like Kirby Puckett (my favorite all-time player) from when I was growing up.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(12-11-2021, 08:38 AM)EricL Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 07:33 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Eric

What's your take on the Buxton signing?  I am going to remain positive and hope for a few 120 game seasons early in the contract.  Nobody is more exciting but it's risky.

I was ecstatic when I heard the news, as I was worried they would cheap out and trade him for prospects like they did with Berrios.

Buxton has been injured often, but most have been freak deals that weren't really his fault. When he plays he's a top 5 player in the league, and at just 27 years old, he's entering his prime. If he puts together a full year, he'd be worth three times this deal on the open market.

He's a great player, a great person, and loves being in Minnesota. He's the type of player you can build a championship team around, much like Kirby Puckett (my favorite all-time player) from when I was growing up.
Well what other response would I expect from a "homer"?   Big Grin  

He is going to have to learn to play at 95% when the game is not on the line.  No more running into walls at 20mph when the score is 8-1.  I doubt some of the guys on this thread have even seen him play as often as he's been injured.  He is Willie Mayes when he is hot.  The guy can do it all.  He has been out of the lineup every time I went to Target Field.  I hope to see him play this spring.  He is capable of putting up a season like Mauer's MVP season.  That was fun to watch.
I'm so turned off on baseball now. I'm not sure I will care when and if games start again.
(03-03-2022, 02:10 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm so turned off on baseball now.  I'm not sure I will care when and if games start again.
This is frustrating.  They are playing with fire if they don't get this settled soon.  Fans weren't tolerant last time and they won't be again.