Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Yesterday made a lot of changes for 2022. Sold a lot of names that were paying a low yield or none. Wanted more income and less volatility for 2022 and beyond lol

Bought and added CMI, QYLD, ENB, NYCB, BX, DVN, AFB, LDOS O, TXN, ORCL

Feel better Fenders and a Merry Christmas to everyone and there families Smile
(12-23-2021, 11:35 AM)cemanuel Wrote: In my Roth, continuing its "Growthification."

Sold MO at $47.00

Bought BBY at $96.94
Bought WSM at $167.50

This dropped my dividends in my Roth by nearly 20%. But it raised the "organic" DGR (based on historical 5-yr DGRs) from 9.18% to 10.50%. Trades like this are one reason why I'm not going to get too bent out of shape when my dividend increase this year over last year is single digits. Different account from when I started the year with IRM, OHI - and MO.
Well done in my Book!!

Don't know much about BBY ,
But with regards to WSM if I was younger investor I would be all over it.

10 yr
Dec-31-2010 $27.45 Dec-22-2021 $171.89
Total Return 526.08%
Annualized Return 18.15%

5yr
Total Return 245.57%
Annualized Return 122.96%

3yr
Total Return 268.38%
Annualized Return 38.54%

1yr
Total Return 71.38%
Annualized Return 71.38%

Throw in a Dividend Yield around 1.60% and a PE 12.91, PEG of 1.3, Profit Margins in double digits 12.8% , Return on Equity 70.1%
coupled with a Debt-to-Equity lower than 63% of the 1027 Companies in the retail  - I think you have a good recipe for success and an excellent growth investment moving forward.
(12-23-2021, 12:53 PM)divmenow Wrote: Yesterday made a lot of changes for 2022. Sold a lot of names that were paying a low yield or none. Wanted more income and less volatility for 2022 and beyond lol

Bought and added CMI, QYLD, ENB, NYCB, BX, DVN, AFB, LDOS O, TXN, ORCL

Feel better Fenders and a Merry Christmas to everyone and there families Smile
Thanks.  I can validate you might need a gun to get a Covid test in under a week in Iowa right now.  What a mess every surge still is.  

I like most of those buys.  This doesn't seem like a great time to have dozens of volatile stocks.  I have mine down to about 4%.  That seems like enough for now.
Added a few more new positions in KR, FLS, EPR

Added to AMZN, PYPL and ADBE
lately here and there i've been adding to

tdoc/atvi/o/mu/unh/vz

but mostly tdoc and atvi
A reminder to enter our forum stock picking contest for 2022. It's just for fun. The thread got cluttered but if you read the first few posts you'll understand the simple rules. I'll post this everyday. If you aren't in by Thursday I am sending cousin Guido by your house to motivate you. Smile

Seriously though it's fun. About once a quarter we'll run the spreadsheet and see where we are ranking. If you already entered and want to edit your picks that is fine.

http://dividendgrowthforum.com/showthread.php?tid=2046
(12-27-2021, 11:22 AM)fenders53 Wrote: A reminder to enter our forum stock picking contest for 2022.  It's just for fun.  The thread got cluttered but if you read the first few posts you'll understand the simple rules.  I'll post this everyday.  If you aren't in by Thursday I am sending cousin Guido by your house to motivate you.  Smile

Seriously though it's fun. About once a quarter we'll run the spreadsheet and see where we are ranking.  If you already entered and want to edit your picks that is fine.  

http://dividendgrowthforum.com/showthread.php?tid=2046

I'll get mine in the next few days.

I also plan to add a 2022 tab to the spreadsheet I've maintained for 2021's contest. Once the spreadsheet is set up its pretty easy to update it with the new picks.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Thanks for that Eric.
I picked up some D. Now that I have repurchased it, replacing DUK, I plan to build it some this year.
upped MRK from a 0.6 to a 1.1 position, at yield 3.6%, some 20% below 5-year average.
from proceeds of closing GIS, a 0.4 position, yield on cost was 3.7% and capital gain 20%.
Sold qcom, eix and bought more baba
(12-27-2021, 11:43 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold qcom, eix and bought more baba

Bold move sir!  I hope it works out for you.