Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(12-16-2021, 04:57 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 04:46 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 04:37 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 04:18 PM)fenders53 Wrote: OK, my solar is now lying in the gutter bleeding out and left for dead. Smile  They are down at least 30% on average.  Good thing I bought profitable companies, like it mattered lol.  I need to check on the non-profitable ones.  I am going to have to take a break from adding as they have blown through all support like it didn't even matter. I preach patience here as it pertains to catching falling knives. I better take my own advice and add on the way back up.

My girlfriend's small portfolio is mostly solar as well.  I try to preach chip stocks but she only wants to invest in solar.  I better not ask her about her port today.
I trade them mostly but got bit this time.  There are only about four I would buy and hold.  75% of my solar gains vaporized for now.  I don't own any I'm not OK with holding.  They are about 5% of my port.

Solar stocks are like pot stocks. They were all hyped and everyone wanted them. They will soon be a thing of the past  Big Grin  I say sell every solar stock and smoke pot and anf forget you ever owned them lol
Pot stocks aren't profitable.  My ENPH is still about a double.  RUN and SPWR not so much today lol.  I made money on others but dumped the non profits when they cooled off. My boring stuff is running so it's all good for now.

I have no predictions where this market is in a month.  I can turn the computer off if I have to but where is the fun in that?  I rarely sell puts when the market looks sketchy so I am bored lol.

Scratch my comment of three months for high valued stocks to correct. I took a good look and the market has taken many of them down at an efficient pace. Tough decision to hang on and wait for 2022 to avoid taxes.
Added a few shares here and there. When I say a few I mean a few lol

PYPL, UPST, ENPH, CROX, WSM and TGT

Just putting in in case they go down another 20%. If not these stocks can bounce 50 points in a week lol
(12-17-2021, 09:54 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added a few shares here and there. When I say a few I mean a few lol

Just putting in in case they go down another 20%. If not these stocks can bounce 50 points in a week lol

Taking a page out my book I see  Big Grin

I added a few tech names as well. There way way over sold. When they turn it will be fast and furoius.

I dipped me toes in and bought some PYPL, U, SQ, NVDA, AVGO and MSFT

I just say 2 huge insider buys in SIX. Very interesting. I have puts on that name as well for Feb.
(12-17-2021, 09:59 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 09:54 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added a few shares here and there. When I say a few I mean a few lol

Taking a page out my book I see  Big Grin

I added a few tech names as well. There way way over sold. When they turn it will be fast and furoius.

I dipped me toes in and bought some PYPL, U, SQ, NVDA, AVGO and MSFT

I just say 2 huge insider buys in SIX. Very interesting. I have puts on that name as well for Feb.
SIX balance sheet has got to be garbage now but I am running across a lot of bulls on the net.  Haven't researched it hard for a year.

I'm pretty sure you were bearish on tech and solar just 24hrs ago DivmeCRAMER.  OK some of it is only a little techy.  Smile 

Added a couple shares of QQQ and SPY today.  Mostly busy retiring puts today.  Profitable but close to the money and I don't want to own 1000 surprise shares on a closing dip.
I sold enough company stock today (last day of the year to do so) to offset all my short-term gains. Still plenty of long-term gains, but my tax bill should be kinder next year. Half the money will go into my bank account, the other half I can invest next week. Probably a mix of HPQ and VALE but we'll see.
(12-17-2021, 03:32 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I sold enough company stock today (last day of the year to do so) to offset all my short-term gains.  Still plenty of long-term gains, but my tax bill should be kinder next year.  Half the money will go into my bank account, the other half I can invest next week.  Probably a mix of HPQ and VALE but we'll see.
That sounds rational to me. There should be something in your port to add to that looks like a good value.

I was very surprised some of my stocks like UTEs and pharma ran this week.  Sold some covered calls that should smooth out the dips some.  

Also sold RDS and added it to EOG.  Been awhile since I was able to trim a ticker which continues to be a goal.
Hyperactive day

After 1 year plus 4,3 months of watching, today 16 transactions …

kicked spin-offs KD, OGN, ONL, plus closed a full position of SPG with a loss of 10%.
Proceeds went into O, NNN,  ATO (opened), MRK, and AMGN - 0.2 FPEs each [1].

Reinvested about half of the dividends of 2021 into
TD, MDT, LMT (opened), and INTC - 0.2 FPEs each.

GOOGL and AMZN got a boost of 0.4. FPEs each.

Transaction No. 16 was an attempt to “close a position” of 22 CAD, a remnant from transactions in 2020.

I plan to post some comments on the transactions in my portfolio's thread (will take a couple of days).

---
[1] FPE = Full Position Equivalent, reflects amounts payed for stocks.
(12-17-2021, 04:57 PM)Forticus Wrote: ---
[1] FPE = Full Position Equivalent, reflects amounts payed for stocks.

Interesting notation! 

But the ocd in me feels compelled to point out it is paid not payed.
added EOG, CVX, and BX
Added Google, tencent, thinking about adding more ET but getting too heavy in oil again.
Bought D