Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Alpha battle?
(10-25-2021, 09:56 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 08:45 AM)rayray Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 07:43 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I remember that guy now.  His EGO is a little much for my reading pleasure but he isn't really wrong to engage some of those guys.  They oversell their agenda.

i think there's a lot of ego's in play

in the beginning his questions were legitimate but when the post deleting started, it was game on

idk, if you're going to write articles you have to take legitimate questions, if not, well, i can't take that point of view serious--i like seeing all sides of something

that was part of the reason why he posted screen shots of his portfolio and dared some of these others to do the same--they wouldn't do it

i remember feeling bad for pendragonY when they were going back and forth

chowder on the other hand, his ego too, forgetaboutit, didn't feel sorry for him
It took some time to find a few SA authors I trust.  If you aren't careful you'll find confirmation bias there, or a troll battle if you like.  We don't have the skillset of 500 authors here but there is plenty of experience, and we are mostly transparent.  I know who is good at DD or trading.  Who is drawn to the FOMO, and who is overly cautious.  I honestly hope everyone here reaches financial independence. You don't get that everywhere on the net.
yea, i've always felt this forum was very transparent, real-life financial decisions with other openness/advice on top of it
no one is trying to sell anything here, some SA authors are there to sell a service and do all they can to keep that service from being scrutinized--those are the ones people have to be leery of  and take with a grain of salt
(10-25-2021, 07:43 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I remember that guy now.  His EGO is a little much for my reading pleasure but he isn't really wrong to engage some of those guys.  They oversell their agenda.

in the beginning his questions were legitimate but when the post deleting started, it was game on

idk, if you're going to write articles you have to take legitimate questions, if not, well, i can't take that point of view serious--i like seeing all sides of something

that was part of the reason why he posted screen shots of his portfolio and dared some of these others to do the same--they wouldn't do it

chowder on the other hand, his ego too, forgetaboutit, didn't feel sorry for him
(10-25-2021, 11:01 AM)rayray Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 09:56 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

It took some time to find a few SA authors I trust.  If you aren't careful you'll find confirmation bias there, or a troll battle if you like.  We don't have the skillset of 500 authors here but there is plenty of experience, and we are mostly transparent.  I know who is good at DD or trading.  Who is drawn to the FOMO, and who is overly cautious.  I honestly hope everyone here reaches financial independence. You don't get that everywhere on the net.
yea, i've always felt this forum was very transparent, real-life financial decisions with other openness/advice on top of it
no one is trying to sell anything here, some SA authors are there to sell a service and do all they can to keep that service from being scrutinized--those are the ones people have to be leery of  and take with a grain of salt
Exactly that.  There is some friendly jousting here, and a bit of bragging, but it is mostly constructive.  If you get a little crazy chasing yield, falling knives, or Momo, somebody is likely to try to get you to slow down before you get in too deep on a bad idea.  I have no problem with transparency.  If I get killed on a stock and think I know the reason why I am going to share it.  Some here do slink off in shame after a bad pick but there is no need to.
I've always been drawn to DRFTR on SA, he doesn't author but his comments have been very good for me. I model much of his stuff.
And back to your point Ray, some of the authors are purposefully hiding poor records.  Absolutely crushed by SPY.  Dozens of articles about poorly performing stocks.  They whip the same dead horses for years while selling subscriptions.  As long as you have writing skills and get clicks for SA it's all good.  Bad REITs and energy are the easy ones to find.  It almost seems the worse the stock performs, the more articles you will find trying to pump it in vain.