Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
[
(08-09-2021, 12:44 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: .... just about at the point where I'm ready to blow up my entire portfolio and put it all into Moderna.

Half-joking.  Even triple leveraged funds don't move like this.  I've never seen anything like it.
Tell us what Moderna has in stage 3 trials before you do that lol.  The small trading portion of my port is very aggravating right now. SPEC is doing fine and much safer stuff is blowing up.  Gradual moves are almost always better than large emotional moves.
Absolutely nothing! Smile

https://www.modernatx.com/pipeline

Looks like the Cytomegalovirus (CMV) vaccine is either in phase 2 or has just completed it. 3 others are in phase 2.

So ... good point.
sold out of BCO after getting in at $39. Put proceeds into LDOS, MED, and NOC

APD has now missed on 6 of last 7 quarters. The CEO must go. Glad I sold and bought LIN instead before the shit hit the fan lol

MRNA why would you do that? This story will come to an end soon enough. And you know how I feel about those 3 x etf's. Sure they look good now but just wait to the market has had enough and these things will correct and cause you great stress Wink Don't get too greedy Smile . Rather own NVAX at this point over MRNA.
I do intend to pick up some Novavax as well this week when my company stock money is available.

3x etfs - TECL has been going strong since its inception in Dec 2008, up 18,438% in that timeframe. I got out of a lot of my triple-leveraged etfs, including liquidating most of my RETL today, but I've got a few that are keepers.
(08-09-2021, 12:58 PM)divmenow Wrote: sold out of BCO after getting in at $39. Put proceeds into LDOS, MED, and NOC

APD has now missed on 6 of last 7 quarters. The CEO must go.  Glad I sold and bought LIN instead before the shit hit the fan lol

MRNA why would you do that? This story will come to an end soon enough. And you know how I feel about those 3 x etf's. Sure they look good now but just wait to the market has had enough and these things will correct and cause you great stress Wink  Don't get too greedy Smile . Rather own NVAX at this point over MRNA.

Agreed on MRNA. Too late to get in now. I don't care how much they run it up from here, I wont be buying it.

I actually bought NVAX at $189 on Friday. Just 15 shares but hey it's a start lol
(08-09-2021, 12:57 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Absolutely nothing! Smile

Looks like the Cytomegalovirus (CMV) vaccine is either in phase 2 or has just completed it.  3 others are in phase 2.

So ... good point.

I am here to keep a leash on your random thoughts Ken.  Moderna may knock it out of the park in the long-term but all I see is an expensive stock with a great short-term.  I have no wild idea if they take it to the next level but this level is fully priced in.
Divmenow, AAPD was a smoking deal at 225 but we entered late. Looked good but it wasn't. I am thankful to get out with a reasonable profit on past earnings dips. It was hard work lol.
(08-09-2021, 01:03 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I do intend to pick up some Novavax as well this week when my company stock money is available.

3x etfs - TECL has been going strong since its inception in Dec 2008, up 18,438% in that timeframe.  I got out of a lot of my triple-leveraged etfs, including liquidating most of my RETL today, but I've got a few that are keepers.

Like DIVMENOW said be careful on these type of ETF's. You can lost it all in a blink of an eye.

That chart is scary when it went from $32 to $8. Right now sure its at a new high because they keep bidding on the nasdaq. What happens when that correction happens? $63 to $20  Big Grin

This is why I stick to my low beta dividend growers and ones I can sleep safely at night knowing they wont drop $10 in a day lol

Added some ABBV, LOW, ADM and CCI

Sold IIPR, GS, and ADDYY
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(08-09-2021, 01:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Looks like the Cytomegalovirus (CMV) vaccine is either in phase 2 or has just completed it.  3 others are in phase 2.

So ... good point.

I am here to keep a leash on your random thoughts Ken.  Moderna may knock it out of the park in the long-term but all I see is an expensive stock with a great short-term.  I have no wild idea if they take it to the next level but this level is fully priced in.

Agreed.

Though earlier today I liquidated RETL in the ROTH (still have some in the taxable) and spread the proceeds around to Moderna, Intuitive Surgical, Adobe, & Nvidia.
[quote pid='27942' dateline='1628533032']
[quote pid='27938' dateline='1628532717']

So ... good point.

[/quote]

Agreed.

Though earlier today I liquidated RETL in the ROTH (still have some in the taxable) and spread the proceeds around to Moderna, Intuitive Surgical, Adobe, & Nvidia.
[/quote]
You spread it around across sectors so a reasonable trade IMO.
Added ELY. Its 1-3 non paying dividend stock I own currently other then GOOG and AMZN.

I'm a huge golf fan and have about a 8-9 handicap and love going Top Golf.

Any golf fans on here?
Added to VZ, CAH, LDOS.