Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
JEDI contract cancel was a surprise at this point. MSFT can't be pleased.
bought LMT
(07-06-2021, 12:29 PM)vbin Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 11:18 AM)stockguru Wrote: BABA about the only tech stock worth buying, but I still don't trust the China laws and all that's going on over there.

But $210 not a bad place to start today!
Prubai, Munger, Greg Alexander, Mason Hawkins all are picking up baba.

And it's still not enough. Down another $7
(07-06-2021, 02:27 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 11:18 AM)stockguru Wrote: BABA about the only tech stock worth buying, but I still don't trust the China laws and all that's going on over there.

Most people own this because it’s cheap. But this is cheap for good reason. 6 months ago you could have bought the more expensive Facebook. Yet look at the 2 stocks. The best decision is to get out. Don’t trust Chinese government.

I added to MO, APD, EOG, TD, ADM and CVX

I trimmed MSFT, PYPL, AAPL and MRVL

I'm trying to build up my monthly income
Here are the top 10 stocks bought in June by fund mangers

WFC, BAC, MS, JPM, SCHW, COP, RTX, TJX, EOG and CMSA (Banks, Brokerages and Oil) Looks like Stockguru has the right idea

Top 10 sells

MSFT, AMZN, CRM, MA, PYPL, TSLA, NVDA, BRK.B, BSX and TMO

I find that very interesting and yet they keep on raising target prices on those sells.
(07-06-2021, 02:34 PM)kblake Wrote:

Most people own this because it’s cheap. But this is cheap for good reason. 6 months ago you could have bought the more expensive Facebook. Yet look at the 2 stocks. The best decision is to get out. Don’t trust Chinese government.

I added to MO, APD, EOG, TD, ADM and CVX

I trimmed MSFT, PYPL, AAPL and MRVL

I'm trying to build up my monthly income
There was a time when people were running from FB too. No one will kill the golden goose. Everyone wants a piece.

May be not. Afaik prubai, Munger both are buy and hold for years. May be Li lu gets in too.

Bought more Baba.
If the CCP will stop flexing on their tech companies for six months BABA would have a chance. Until then it's probably priced appropriately. If the stock has any support it's there now. I'll just keep what I already own for now.
New position in CLX and added HII
Sold some more GNRC and so far caught the top to the exact penny. Market clearly has no direction that lasts a week. Inclined to remain contrary and nibble what they hate every day. May sell a put in something oil. Can't believe how hard the oil stocks are getting hit considering the whole world says $100 oil. 10YR treasury move is shocking as well. It won't last and it seems to matter a lot.
In other news, something I did not buy today Smile

A rare D&D module, written only in Hebrew, came up this weekend on Facebook auctions. My hope was to buy it on FB and flip it for a profit on eBay. It was not to be. I bid $1200, but it eventually went for $7250. I think it might have gone for north of $10k on eBay.
the other day i sold WMB...yep another sell

today i bought

baba
sofi
tdoc
docs
td
lrcx
amat
o