Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Why are we still talking about T. It's a dead stock that goes no where unless you hold for 10 years and collect the dividend. And that dividend has been cut in half. So nothing to see here Wink Move on and talk about something else like the US Open. Lets go Phil lol
Got a dip in DG
Just enjoying the day. I needed a positive day like this. Now let's hope it holds until the closing bell.
(05-24-2021, 10:00 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Now let's hope it holds until the closing bell.

I'm waiting and hoping for a crash & burn type of a situation.
I'm still in the accumulation phase so the cheaper it gets the more I smile. Needless to say that I'm not smiling today.
(05-24-2021, 09:32 AM)divmenow Wrote: Got a dip in DG
Been waiting.  Hope to add this week
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(05-24-2021, 10:19 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 10:00 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Now let's hope it holds until the closing bell.

I'm waiting and hoping for a crash & burn type of a situation.
I'm still in the accumulation phase so the cheaper it gets the more I smile. Needless to say that I'm not smiling today.

I'm in the accumulation phase too, but I don't currently have cash on hand to invest.  Anyway, I prefer a nice upwards trajectory year after year.
Added to BTI, VIAC, FICO, ADBE, GOOGL. A few non-dividend payers in there.
Gave myself a couple of days to think about it. And sold the rest of my T shares. These will get reinvested into other high yielders (probably an MLP ETF) shortly.
Added a bit of LMT.
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(05-25-2021, 09:01 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Gave myself a couple of days to think about it. And sold the rest of my T shares. These will get reinvested into other high yielders (probably an MLP ETF) shortly.
Added a bit of LMT.

I haven't run all of my high dividend payers through the "last ten years" returns website, but HTGC is currently at 7.58% yield and did better than JNJ in that stretch with dividend reinvestment.
(05-25-2021, 09:35 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I haven't run all of my high dividend payers through the "last ten years" returns website, 

What website is this?
(05-25-2021, 09:01 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Gave myself a couple of days to think about it. And sold the rest of my T shares. These will get reinvested into other high yielders (probably an MLP ETF) shortly.
Added a bit of LMT.
Took me until last you to get out of denial and avoid the high yield "blue chip"  div trap turds of yesteryear no matter what media says.  It it so easy to find better and safer alternative to T-IBM etc.

(05-25-2021, 09:51 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 09:35 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I haven't run all of my high dividend payers through the "last ten years" returns website, 

What website is this?

https://dqydj.com/stock-return-calculator/