Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
added to IPOE and ENB
I am glad you guys shamed me out of ARKG before I had a big loss. That is looking brilliant already. EFT redemptions are forcing her to sell stocks and feed the death spiral on a daily basis. If she could just hold it might be OK enough in six months, but we'll never know because she doesn't have that option. It's a lot like trading on too much margin and you can't ride it out to the other side even if you choose to.
(05-13-2021, 01:01 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I am glad you guys shamed me out of ARKG before I had a big loss.  That is looking brilliant already.  EFT redemptions are forcing her to sell stocks and feed the death spiral on a daily basis.  If she could just hold it might be OK enough in six months, but we'll never know because she doesn't have that option.  It's a lot like trading on too much margin and you can't ride it out to the other side even if you choose to.

Yeah we saved you $12 for selling your 2 shares ? Your welcome lol
Long ES futures, for next 30 days, based on VIX spike peak formation.
Added oxy ws, bought some puts.
(05-13-2021, 01:07 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 01:01 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I am glad you guys shamed me out of ARKG before I had a big loss.  That is looking brilliant already.  EFT redemptions are forcing her to sell stocks and feed the death spiral on a daily basis.  If she could just hold it might be OK enough in six months, but we'll never know because she doesn't have that option.  It's a lot like trading on too much margin and you can't ride it out to the other side even if you choose to.

Yeah we saved you $12 for selling your 2 shares ? Your welcome lol
Lol. I had about $1600 in but I was averaging in when she started looking desperate.  She is selling whatever has liquidity now as people cash out.  I really did intend to build a decent sized position.
Had a dream in which I asked (the universe?) what I should invest in next. Got an answer: Boeing. It will be interesting to see if that turns out to be right. Not a dividend stock though.
(05-11-2021, 09:12 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:06 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

I also took a new position in PXD thanks to the secondary at $153

I needed to add another name in the sector to go along with CVX and EOG

now the only other sector I'm underweight in is leisure  Big Grin
Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

Yeah yeah. What ever floats your boat  Big Grin lol
I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

Well me too. Got in at $108.90  Big Grin

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

Are we having fun today  Big Grin

(05-14-2021, 06:43 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Had a dream in which I asked (the universe?) what I should invest in next.  Got an answer: Boeing.  It will be interesting to see if that turns out to be right.  Not a dividend stock though.
Are you sure you didn't fall to sleep while Mad Money was on?  Smile
Heh. No I hadn't been thinking about or researching Boeing.
(05-11-2021, 08:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Way to go...  Big Grin . Join the ENPH club lol

Dude I am a charter member of ENPH.  I made a few hundred a month the past year selling short puts while it ran.  I have a few short puts that are WAY in the money after this bloodbath.  I can only roll forward so much before I own $140 shares.   Big Grin  I said here many times I was good with adding a real position starting at $125.  If I am honest I need ENPH to head back to $120ish to be back to even.  I wasn;t aggressive enough when it was truly cheap.  I'll add shares to my growthy port in the meantime.

I am very good with owning ENPH long-term.  How happy I am in the end very much depends on the entry.  We'll see where the bottom is soon enough.

This will be a big winner for years to come.  You have to add at some point, so why not today. I don't worry about making a few $ here and there  Big Grin . I'm in to win it lol 

(05-14-2021, 07:19 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Heh.  No I hadn't been thinking about or researching Boeing.
I was awoken this morning to a very bright light.  I knew was surely a sign, so I bought some more falling knife solar stocks.  Then I realized I left the curtains open, so I hedged the position with some covered calls expiring next Friday.  

Added to RUN, sold a strike 37 RUN put.  Sold a covered call at 45 next week.
(05-14-2021, 06:43 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Had a dream in which I asked (the universe?) what I should invest in next.  Got an answer: Boeing.  It will be interesting to see if that turns out to be right.  Not a dividend stock though.

I would also suggest to take a look at Airbus.
It's basically a duopoly and both should be great long-term, I just prefer owning the one that makes planes that actually stay in the air. Big Grin

And while both are non-div payers now, you should get a dividend out of then in 2-3 years.

(05-14-2021, 10:00 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

I would also suggest to take a look at Airbus.
It's basically a duopoly and both should be great long-term, I just prefer owning the one that makes planes that actually stay in the air. Big Grin

And while both are non-div payers now, you should get a dividend out of then in 2-3 years.
If buses could actually fly maybe he wouldn't have to wait 3 years for a dividend?  We could do without your foreigner hype.  I can get a dividend this month if I buy some USA junk. Big Grin

Selling some new precious metal calls today. Whomever said gold generates no income was a liar.