Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
ARKK has lost 45 points since the peek. Cathie Woods will go down as a 1 year wonder lol
Jed Clampett struck oil. Look at them go lol

Are the oil stocks now selling Crypto hahaha

EOG, XOM, PXD, CVS go baby go Wink

I think this sector has more room to go. Still way off their all time highs.
(05-07-2021, 01:25 PM)stockguru Wrote: ARKK has lost 45 points since the peek. Cathie Woods will go down as a 1 year wonder lol

She sucks! All those investors followed her around like a puppy. Now look at them. There all under water on her funds and her recommendations  Big Grin

In a year from now no one will even mention her name and she will be a forgotten soul  Big Grin
(05-07-2021, 01:45 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 01:25 PM)stockguru Wrote: ARKK has lost 45 points since the peek. Cathie Woods will go down as a 1 year wonder lol

She sucks! All those investors followed her around like a puppy. Now look at them. There all under water on her funds and her recommendations  Big Grin

In a year from now no one will even mention her name and she will be a forgotten soul  Big Grin
I think she has a good record way longer than a year but yes that hype train has derailed.  She is going to need a super bubblicious market to recover.  

In the interest of disclosure I do own some ARK-G.  Luckily I was using the Guru onesie twosie share accumulation method or I would have gotten murdered.  I'll get back to you with honest stats but I think I am down about 15%.  Coulda been way worse if I'd shown up a month earlier.     

I did notice she sold John Deere.  How the hell we ever gonna get to Mars without DE in the Space Fund?   Big Grin
Slow day. I don't see much that I just need to buy today so I am just trying to grab a little income and stay a diversified as some of my options expire today. Sold a few XLE puts and a DKNG to recharge my spec allottment.

Rolled a NIO and CSIQ put forward but barely in the money so I made some more premium. ENPH my only whuppin' for the week but it was a good one. I need it to run the next few weeks.
(05-07-2021, 02:03 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Slow day.  I don't see much that I just need to buy today so I am just trying to grab a little income and stay a diversified as some of my options expire today.  Sold a few XLE puts and a DKNG to recharge my spec allottment.  

Rolled a NIO and CSIQ put forward but barely in the money so I made some more premium.  ENPH my only whuppin' for the week but it was a good one.  I need it to run the next few weeks.

Very slow week. But I did add to CVS yesterday and today ABBV. Sticking to my divided stocks that pay a good yield and are undervalued theme. 

You won’t see me investing in 3x ETF’s lol ?
(05-07-2021, 02:13 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 02:03 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Slow day.  I don't see much that I just need to buy today so I am just trying to grab a little income and stay a diversified as some of my options expire today.  Sold a few XLE puts and a DKNG to recharge my spec allottment.  

Rolled a NIO and CSIQ put forward but barely in the money so I made some more premium.  ENPH my only whuppin' for the week but it was a good one.  I need it to run the next few weeks.

Very slow week. But I did add to CVS yesterday and today ABBV. Sticking to my divided stocks that pay a good yield and are undervalued theme. 

You won’t see me investing in 3x ETF’s lol ?
I've been expecting the market to churn for a long time and it seems to be here.  I'm not scared of it but I see no conviction in either direction.  It's a good time to sell puts because the market has to get whacked pretty hard before I am forced to buy shares fairly cheap.  The weekly income is good so the best idea I have for now.  My Div stuff will keep doing what it does.
I don't want to jinx anything but so far one of my best days of all-time. But markets are still open so I'll shut up.
Five year average annual return for ARKK is 47%. I'd be OK with sucking that bad. 2021 is pretty ugly though. Fun to mock her but she is way up towards the top performers among all equity funds of any type.
Not sure I buy the hype on CVS. What's the play here?

I bought in heavily around 2015-16 and bought dips. It was my largest position based on the dips and high praise. Eventually the stock settled at low 70s for years and stopped raising the dividend. They bought some health insurance company (forget which) and price went down so I sold for greener pastures. What makes now a good buy point?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
A few folks I know are short Arkk they are saying it's going to $60 by 2023. It's possible I think.
Dint pay attention today and got a xom call assigned and tsla put assigned.