Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(05-07-2021, 06:23 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm getting better at selling before I lose too much.  I'm doing less well at knowing when to get back in.  Maybe I just leave LABU alone and look to invest in individual biotech companies I've researched.

Oh God!! If afraid to ask which bios your doing research on ?. Hopefully they have more then one drug in the pipeline ? lol. Bios are my specialty. Don’t look for the home runs. Invest in the established ones and the ones that have collaborations and the backings with the big name companies.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(05-07-2021, 06:39 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 06:23 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm getting better at selling before I lose too much.  I'm doing less well at knowing when to get back in.  Maybe I just leave LABU alone and look to invest in individual biotech companies I've researched.

Oh God!! If afraid to ask which bios your doing research on ?. Hopefully they have more then one drug in the pipeline ? lol. Bios are my specialty. Don’t look for the home runs. Invest in the established ones and the ones that have collaborations and the backings with the big name companies.

I haven't really started; I had been using the index fund instead until now.  And I don't feel like I have to have biotech in my portfolio; I just like being diversified.  I suppose you'll say NVO and REGN right?
(05-07-2021, 06:54 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(05-07-2021, 06:39 AM)divmenow Wrote:

I haven't really started; I had been using the index fund instead until now.  And I don't feel like I have to have biotech in my portfolio; I just like being diversified.  I suppose you'll say NVO and REGN right?
Not at all on those names! When your serious I will list the names ?
I think it would be great if you started a thread in "Individual DGI stocks" about the biotech ones you recommend.
I agree. And a sentence about what they do. They get lost on this thread.
Maybe give this idea consideration if you really need biotech. A NON leveraged ETF and a small position in a few individuals on the side. Triple leveraging anything you don't have a solid understanding of is just going to induce bad trading when things get rough. A quality fund you can just ride through a correction like you should. Biotechs can get hot and they do fine without leverage.

Divmenow buys a basket for a reason.
I finally looked at a three year chart for LABU. They should design a coaster at Six Flags off that chart. The line would be long to ride it. Smile

(05-07-2021, 08:02 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I finally looked at a three year chart for LABU.  They should  design a coaster at Six Flags off that chart.  The line would be long to ride it.  Smile

Heh, I'll get back in if it ever dips back into the 40s.
(05-07-2021, 08:34 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

(05-07-2021, 08:02 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I finally looked at a three year chart for LABU.  They should  design a coaster at Six Flags off that chart.  The line would be long to ride it.  Smile

Heh, I'll get back in if it ever dips back into the 40s.
When biotech runs it really runs.  Catching the knife is tough though.  If it would baseline for awhile it would look safer to enter.  At some point it will.   Too many bag holders for now on the individual stocks. People will jump off every time it runs a little.  That wears off eventually.
(05-06-2021, 01:20 PM)kblake Wrote: Bought 160 calls on ETSY

Nice your in the money  Big Grin

I would not want to be short.

Tech having a nice rally today. It was due lol 

SHAK getting taken to the wood shed today!

Added more IBM, MO, and SRE

Staying a bit defensive and well diversified going forward.
Bought some INTC. It's one of the few tech stocks that's undervalued.

Intel insider buys 1/4 million $$$ in Intel Stock. Follow the money.
(05-07-2021, 09:43 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought some INTC. It's one of the few tech stocks that's undervalued.

Intel insider buys 1/4 million $$$ in Intel Stock. Follow the money.

The money figured out INTC about 20 years ago and they left.