Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(05-05-2021, 06:41 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: The dilemma I'm facing now is whether to sell some of my company stock and diversify the proceeds, even though my company stock is not at the price I'd like to sell it at.
So sell low and buy some high PE DGI stocks?  Be careful with that.  If I did it at all I would do that slowly if you have any confidence in your employer's future success.
(05-05-2021, 03:44 PM)stockguru Wrote: Bought ETSY at $167 AH's on the CEO words of caution. Thanks for that dip. Appreciate the dumb comments dude lol
Try to grab the handle while you're catching that falling knife.  I don't follow ETSY, just playing because I know you would do it to me.  Smile
(05-05-2021, 07:07 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 06:41 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: The dilemma I'm facing now is whether to sell some of my company stock and diversify the proceeds, even though my company stock is not at the price I'd like to sell it at.
So sell low and buy some high PE DGI stocks?  Be careful with that.  If I did it at all I would do that slowly if you have any confidence in your employer's future success.

I think we're doing really well, so that answers that question.
(05-05-2021, 01:44 PM)EricL Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 01:39 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Thanks for the tips Smile

I will be watching CVS for a dip.  I do shop there practically every day.  But if it does dip, I'll have to liquidate something else to acquire it.

CVS is trading at a 10.9 PE.

How cheap are you hoping to get it?
Yeah, cvs still way undervalued. 100+ soon if it continues the momentum.
So what are today's bagholder special picks? Smile

Norwegian Cruise Lines only lost $4.15/share GAAP. 4 cent non-GAAP beat. Think I will grab me some while there is still time.
(05-06-2021, 06:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote: So what are today's bagholder special picks? Smile

Norwegian Cruise Lines only lost $4.15/share GAAP.  4 cent non-GAAP beat.  Think I will grab me some while there is still time.

I bet you they run this one up. Wall St looks ahead like real ahead...  Big Grin

And ETSY I'm ahead big so no worries. I bought more at $161 last night AH's so. It will close above $172 today! 

I'm looking to add more CVS on a slight dip this morning.

Sold my DUK puts and made 27%. Not bad
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(05-06-2021, 08:25 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 06:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote: So what are today's bagholder special picks? Smile

Norwegian Cruise Lines only lost $4.15/share GAAP.  4 cent non-GAAP beat.  Think I will grab me some while there is still time.

I bet you they run this one up. Wall St looks ahead like real ahead...  Big Grin

And ETSY I'm ahead big so no worries. I bought more at $161 last night AH's so. It will close above $172 today! 

I brought back the HIBL etf in my ROTH a few days back, in part because it has all the cruise line companies.

I love the headline spin on Norwegian.  4 cent beat my arse!  The ship is on fire  Smile  Norwegian is actually Cramer's choice because they are the least likely to BK.  Hardly a table pounding recommendation.  Half their customers have a free voucher because their 2020 cruise was cancelled.  Somebody will survive but I remain amazed the stocks have run.

ETSY is solid.  They may have a rough summer but one of the largest net selling platforms for regular people right?  No forward guidance isn't comforting short-term so I'd nibble slowly just in case.

Have I mentioned I still love Vista Outdoors?  They are still flying under the radar.  Absolutely crushed earning again.  Stock is up way over 200% last 12 months and the PE just fell back to about 10 with their huge EPS gains.  I doubled down for earnings.  I'll close the options and keep the shares.  I smell new price targets.  Not bad for a retailer supposedly affected by brick and mortar exposure. 

RUN beat earnings soundly.  Still not profitable, but I may add to that one.  So many solar stocks and I know in the end half of them will be profitless dogs.
(05-06-2021, 08:31 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

I brought back the HIBL etf in my ROTH a few days back, in part because it has all the cruise line companies.
It's my opinion that running cruise line stocks to pre-pandemic highs months ago is pure gambling Robinhood kids idiocy.  We shall see, but I know what a bad balance sheet looks like.
(05-06-2021, 08:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

It's my opinion that running cruise line stocks to pre-pandemic highs months ago is pure gambling Robinhood kids idiocy.  We shall see, but I know what a bad balance sheet looks like.

Just like they ran up stocks like SIX. Talk about debt  Big Grin

I just bought some MAR, CVS and ALK.. Recovery stocks I really like. I don't normally buy airlines but I think this one works. My husband and I go to Alaska yearly for 2 weeks and we love it. Last year was out first time not traveling there. 

I sold some AFL, BEN, SWK and VFC. I did well; with all those names.  Doubled them all, and had a triple in VFC and SWK
I think I just have to give up on getting ahead in May. The market seems angry; that's the best way I can put it. I've had down months before; it happens. (Edit: for instance, last year post-March was amazing, but even then September and October were down months for me.)

Back to cruise lines, Norwegian offers Boston to Bermuda cruises again in April 2022, starting at just $650. I am so there!
(05-06-2021, 08:57 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 08:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Just like they ran up stocks like SIX. Talk about debt  Big Grin

I just bought some MAR, CVS and ALK.. Recovery stocks I really like. I don't normally buy airlines but I think this one works. My husband and I go to Alaska yearly for 2 weeks and we love it. Last year was out first time not traveling there. 

I sold some AFL, BEN, SWK and VFC. I did well; with all those names.  Doubled them all, and had a triple in VFC and SWK

Alaskan is an excellent airline.  I did some fly fishing trips there.  I've owned ALK before.   And yeah SIX struggles most of the time when things are good.  It's going to end really bad.  I'll be amazed if a few airlines and cruislines don't BK within two years.  

Trying to add to VSTO now.  They are getting the FANG stock treatment after crushing earnings.  Smile  I expected that.