Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Well, Apple announces earnings tonight, I bet they will be great, but their stock has been flat after the big first week of April run-up. It will be interesting to see what happens.
(04-28-2021, 08:02 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Well, Apple announces earnings tonight, I bet they will be great, but their stock has been flat after the big first week of April run-up.  It will be interesting to see what happens.
At these valuations AAPL probably has more effect on their suppliers than their own stock.  I don't know anyone who has regretted owning AAPL long-term, but they aren't growing much for years now.  At some point the stock has to take a breath or it will be dangerous to own.  At some point AAPL also becomes a better DGI stock with a real yield for the new buyer IMO.  Those who bought it years ago will see some income.  I trade AAPL a little but with out a doubt I would have been better off just buying the 2018/19 dip and holding.   It's a wonderful company.
> but they aren't growing much for years now.

?

Stock price April 29th, 2019: $52.94
Stock price today: $134.39

2.5 times growth in the last 2 years.
(04-28-2021, 08:21 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: > but they aren't growing much for years now.

?

Now look at the actual company you are investing in.  I may have missed the 250% growth in revenues or profit since 2019 but I don't think I did. i think you will find something like 20% growth and a 30 PE. Very good for a huge company but fairly valued here.
(04-28-2021, 08:21 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: > but they aren't growing much for years now.

?

2018 EPS: $2.98
2019 EPS: $2.97 (no growth)
2020 EPS: $3.28 (10.4% growth)
Expected 2021 EPS: $4.43 (35% growth)
Expected 2022 EPS: $4.70 (6% growth)

Price growth has wildly outpaced earnings growth, and dividend growth too for that matter.

It needs more years like the projected 2021 growth and less like the others for it to be worth the 30X multiple the market is giving it.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(04-28-2021, 08:38 AM)EricL Wrote:

?

2018 EPS: $2.98
2019 EPS: $2.97 (no growth)
2020 EPS: $3.28 (10.4% growth)
Expected 2021 EPS: $4.43 (35% growth)
Expected 2022 EPS: $4.70 (6% growth)

Price growth has wildly outpaced earnings growth, and dividend growth too for that matter.

It needs more years like the projected 2021 growth and less like the others for it to be worth the 30X multiple the market is giving it.

For comparison's sake, here's MSFT's numbers.

2018 EPS: $3.88
2019 EPS: $4.75 (22% growth)
2020 EPS: $5.76 (21% growth)
2021 EPS: $7.53 (31% growth)
2022 projected EPS: $8.20 (9% growth)
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Got it, thanks!
AAPL will head down after earnings. It's too expensive and they really don't have the growth they once had. Not to mention the dividend is horrible. Pretty much everyone already own airpods and a phone. How many are really upgrading to new phones just because of the camera lol

Once AAPL disappoints the market will collapse.

And just look at ENPH. Still way too expensive. Is the company really worth 20 Billion lol . No wonder why its down 24 points

AMGN down $18
NVAX down $18
BA down $10
MSFT down $9
SBUX down $4

This is just the start or it. I'm doing very well on the puts I bought last week lol
(04-28-2021, 08:53 AM)stockguru Wrote: AAPL will head down after earnings. It's too expensive and they really don't have the growth they once had. Not to mention the dividend is horrible. Pretty much everyone already own airpods and a phone. How many are really upgrading to new phones just because of the camera lol

And just look at ENPH. Still way too expensive. Is the company really worth 20 Billion lol . No wonder why its down 24 points

AMGN down $18
NVAX down $18
BA down $10
MSFT down $9
SBUX down $4

This is just the start or it. I'm doing very well on the puts I bought last week lol
Perhaps but ENPH had a very nice report. Nothing wrong with it. Just profit taking and an over reaction. ENPH is growing at a fast clip. You don't buy it for today. You buy it for tomorrow  Big Grin

I actually dipped my toes in and bought 15 shares for now.

That's the way I'm playing the market. I'm not chasing stocks but if they want to knock down companies I'm interested in I will swoop in and buy some lol

The market will give you buying opportunities, but if your buying individual stocks near there highs your nuts
Bought some IBM. This is a name I like. For years has been dead and now has legs.
(04-28-2021, 09:05 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 08:53 AM)stockguru Wrote: AAPL will head down after earnings. It's too expensive and they really don't have the growth they once had. Not to mention the dividend is horrible. Pretty much everyone already own airpods and a phone. How many are really upgrading to new phones just because of the camera lol

AMGN down $18
NVAX down $18
BA down $10
MSFT down $9
SBUX down $4

Perhaps but ENPH had a very nice report. Nothing wrong with it. Just profit taking and an over reaction. ENPH is growing at a fast clip. You don't buy it for today. You buy it for tomorrow  Big Grin

I actually dipped my toes in and bought 15 shares for now.

That's the way I'm playing the market. I'm not chasing stocks but if they want to knock down companies I'm interested in I will swoop in and buy some lol

The market will give you buying opportunities, but if your buying individual stocks near there highs your nuts
15 shares of ENPH?  Come on back when you are serious.  Just kidding, ENPH will visit 125 in an instant if the market gets spooked for real.  

Just sold a  140 strike expiring next Friday.  Only because the premiums are stupid good and I know I can roll it down to my desired entry in a few weeks.  I'm being generous paying 125 unless the GOV launches some serious programs soon.  Make no mistake ENPH is overvalued without some help.
(04-28-2021, 09:16 AM)kblake Wrote: Bought some IBM. This is a name I like. For years has been dead and now has legs.

Good luck with that.  The no growth financials say this dog is dead for a reason. Make it a short term trade if it goes your way.