Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Sold LMT put.

bought mmedf, starts trading tomorrow on nasdaq under MNMD. Someone been asking to buy since it was under $2. Started a small position. Might sell in the pop after listing.

Sold pltr CCs.
(04-26-2021, 12:43 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold LMT put.

bought mmedf, starts trading tomorrow on nasdaq under MNMD. Someone been asking to buy since it was under $2. Started a small position. Might sell in the pop after listing.

Sold pltr CCs.

LMT headed back to $352-$355 range. I will add to my long position there.

I bought INTC, HON and LDOS
Possible, but I see support arround $370 near short term.
Glad I added more FDX yesterday lol . UPS also up big. One of my top 5 holdings. This tells me maybe there is more upside to the reopening stocks after all. Airlines, freight, rails may have more to run. Although airlines I don’t invest in other then LUV.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(04-27-2021, 09:16 AM)divmenow Wrote: Glad I added more FDX yesterday lol . UPS also up big. One of my top 5 holdings. This tells me maybe there is more upside to the reopening stocks after all. Airlines, freight, rails may have more to run. Although airlines I don’t invest in other then LUV.

I never would have even thought to buy Fedex or UPS.  Wow quite a day for you!

I'm pretty light on airline, freight, and rails myself.  I do have the TPOR (transportation) index fund, but not a ton in it.
(04-27-2021, 09:29 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(04-27-2021, 09:16 AM)divmenow Wrote: Glad I added more FDX yesterday lol . UPS also up big. One of my top 5 holdings. This tells me maybe there is more upside to the reopening stocks after all. Airlines, freight, rails may have more to run. Although airlines I don’t invest in other then LUV.

I never would have even thought to buy Fedex or UPS.  Wow quite a day for you!

I'm pretty light on airline, freight, and rails myself.  I do have the TPOR (transportation) index fund, but not a ton in it.

Buy some CNI and CP. I own both as well as NSC and love them all lol. CP will have a 5-1 stock split soon as well. So if you even just buy a few shares you will do well. 

In freight I own ODFL and JBHT

Yes I'm pretty excited about those moves in FDX and UPS. Many sold those names and lost out on the big runs  Big Grin
Great thanks for the tips!
(04-27-2021, 09:55 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Great thanks for the tips!
Anytime!
Bought some BMY calls today. Heard they are working on a treatment for BPIS, (Bi-Polar Investor Syndrome). Smile

Picked up a few shares of the GNRC for my growthy port. Selling a few options pre-earnings just to make life more exciting.
Why not buy the stock fender. It's under valued.
(04-27-2021, 11:11 AM)vbin Wrote: Why not buy the stock fender. It's under valued.
If you are talking about BMY you missed the joke.  Smile  BMY is almost a core position already.  I own a lot and have sold several puts per month, month after month.  It's a steady income source and  I thought I would be exercised way before now.  If it was a full core position, I would fell less comfortable putting myself at risk of adding 200-400 shares on top of that.  I look at all trades with the mindset of "how does this end worst case".

I didn't buy any BMY calls.
Sold a May GNRC put at strike 320. I've been waiting for it to hit 300 where I used to sell puts. No such luck and this is a high conviction pick for me. I'll just have to take my $950 premium for now.

Sold yet another VSTO 30 put pre earnings. May sell one more and that's the lmit. They still can't catch up with gun ammo demand and this trade keeps working. They sell quality outdoor gear as well and I expect them to blow away earnings the next few quarters. That's been my thesis since last summer. I'll come clean and admit it here when it finally come up short. Wish I had just bought 1000 shares long instead but I took the conservative route so I couldn't get hurt much if they stumbled for a quarter.