Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I also added NKE today. My goal is to bring every position to be over 10k and NKE is finally getting close.
10k in each, wow that's some portfolio you have there!
(04-13-2021, 03:47 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: 10k in each, wow that's some portfolio you have there!

I have a ton of positions that are just a coupe of thousands or hundreds. Lol 

I am gradually transitioning to a more quality name driven type of portfolio. In my limited (and still learning) investing experience, I believe what Benjamin Graham said in the long run, the market is a weighing machine. Every now and then I got stuck with some ok quality names as they were cheap at the time so I bought it. I was bad at selling/timing so I kind of waste on opportunities for using the money to invest in quality names for long term growth. Looking back, I should be more selective. It’s a work in progress still. Smile
(04-13-2021, 04:02 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:47 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: 10k in each, wow that's some portfolio you have there!

I have a ton of positions that are just a coupe of thousands or hundreds. Lol 

I am gradually transitioning to a more quality name driven type of portfolio. In my limited (and still learning) investing experience, I believe what Benjamin Graham said in the long run, the market is a weighing machine. Every now and then I got stuck with some ok quality names as they were cheap at the time so I bought it. I was bad at selling/timing so I kind of waste on opportunities for using the money to invest in quality names for long term growth. Looking back, I should be more selective. It’s a work in progress still. Smile
During every market down turn I have relearned that quality is where I am better off.  They don't drop as hard and eventually recover.  It's no fun holding companies that may not be solvent enough.  A few times a year I try to take out the trash.  I see no problem with a few spec plays but core positions should be quality or I will get bit eventually.  The current market gives a false sense of security.
Fenders ready to sell another enph put? Lol
Added NKE

Oil on fire today!
(04-13-2021, 11:50 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(04-13-2021, 11:45 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 11:33 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: In a gambling mood today.  Sold off Verizon, bought MARA (Marathon Digital Holdings).

Wow that's a real gamble since the stock has run from .38 to $58  Big Grin

Blockchain to me is something that may work short term, but I really worry about it long term and once the shorts get a hold of it. 

There's many companies in this space and is very competitive. The big guys like PYPL, V, MA ect will crush these little guys. Good luck. This sector to me is just too complicated to understand for me lol 

I would rather take my chances and buy BABA  Undecided

I'm going to treat it like a triple leveraged and sell if it goes below the drawdown price, which is currently $39 by my charting algorithm.

Guess you should have a waited a day to buy MARA . Down $6  Big Grin

RIOT down big as well
I uh, yeah, uh um yeah.
Who's planning to buy COIN today with the direct listing?
(04-14-2021, 11:18 AM)Otter Wrote: Who's planning to buy COIN today with the direct listing?
$250. Too much. Another snow
(04-14-2021, 11:45 AM)vbin Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:18 AM)Otter Wrote: Who's planning to buy COIN today with the direct listing?
$250. Too much. Another snow

Indicated opening price is $374 at the moment.
In the land of meme stocks, I added to PLTR today.